Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums


Established Members
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BigPapi44

  1. The drum roll has started. Let's just hope it's not proceeded by Funeral March.
  2. I don't think he's actually having done until tomorrow. I suspect he will have the CT Scan, then the ortho will review the results with him/team.
  3. Ack. That is good to know. It does seem like there are some abnormalities then in the testing and views that have been expressed. You would think one of the orthos would have been able to diagnose the lisfranc fracture, but maybe it was just too swollen to get a read on it. It will be a long wait until Friday for those of us that own him.
  4. I hear ya TBBT. I think back to what Farrell said after Price complained of elbow pain, and he was honest thinking it was bad, but turned out to be nothing. If it is something significant, you wonder why he would say anything period, other than 'JD felt better today, we are waiting on the test results and I'm not a doctor so I won't speculate'. To actually say that “I feel pretty good about what the results will end up being", and "we just want to make sure that it’s not anything major" could be him just waving off reporters, I just don't see him giving those kind of quotes if he knows it's something more serious. Just my thoughts.
  5. It's a fair point. I think the fracture would have showed on the X-ray, which may necessitate the MRI. Having read on Lisfranc injuries, the CT Scan is normally performed only to develop a surgical plan to repair it. From the web: "These scans are more detailed than x-rays and can create cross-section images of the foot. This test is not required to diagnose a Lisfranc injury. Because a CT scan will help evaluate the exact extent of the injury and the number of joints that have been injured, a surgeon may order this test to help plan surgery." I gotta think if this was a lisfranc issue though, there's no way Ausmus would have said the above.
  6. PB - The CT Scan uses X-ray equipment, but will do more enhanced testing. Will show ligaments and muscles too.
  7. I think that is your update. He's going to see someone on Friday and they'll do a CT Scan. From my end, again speculating, but I suspect the MRI came up fairly clean but there could have been some swelling in the area. While I'm certainly not a doctor, I believe they are likely going to perform it to rule out any minor hairline fracture on the foot. If Ausmus said they are waiting on one more doctor to weigh in, and I feel pretty good about the results will end up being' then I'm personally cautiously optimistic. If there was a fracture present in the X-ray or MRI, I think he would just say we will need to wait and see what the specialist says. To me that would then indicate there was something in the tests and the specialist is better to determine how long he would be out for based on what was reviewed.
  8. Guys, obviously wait for the MRI results, but from the sounds of it, he's dealing with a bruised shoulder. That's all a hematoma is. Obviously, there could be something beyond that, but at least initially, I am not too worried.
  9. Well, that would be two different things. My understanding was that he was just getting a second opinion on the MRI. However, it could also be they want another MRI performed. If you move, even slightly sometimes, while the MRI is being done it may not have taken the best image of the foot, so they may also want another one done. Or they could want another one done if there was something obscure. More likely, they are having another doctor confirm the diagnosis or offer something different based on what s/he sees and recommends.
  10. Geez. Results from MRI have led to him going for a second opinion. Hold your breath it's not too serious.
  11. Will miss most of April. They are doing the right thing here and not letting him aggravate it. Provided he gets rid of the inflammation, he should be fine for the rest of the season. Still, buyer beware.
  12. He was supposed to get a 2nd opinion yesterday. I've scrounged the net, but can't find any update or anything from the Indians on what the doc said. Can someone post an update, if they can find something/hear something. Thanks.
  13. Anyone here anything on the locals in Colorado today about how the surgery went, and whether Black was right about the projection of him being available possibly as soon as late April?
  14. Let's wait and see what they report after the surgery on Wednesday. There still is another 3 weeks before the season starts. If we are looking at an 8-10 week time frame, then I agree, mid to late May seems like a best-case scenario. That does still remain plausible, imo. As it stands though, we don't know how serious the fracture is, if there needs to be any secondary surgery (ie. to remove a pin), which I suspect is not needed but it's all speculation right now.
  15. Do we have any idea though about how he obtained the doubles? I mean if you are equating a smaller park with him driving to the alleys, as opposed to down the line, etc., I'm not sure on the numbers really going down. He's going to a bigger park, larger field, and can use his legs. That may be a wash too.
  16. How much does his value take a hit now that he's with the M's, if at all? Obviously it will reduce the power, but wondering how the move may impact him running.
  17. Guys, does he qualify for "MI" only in Yahoo for 2017? He exceeded 10 games combined at both 2B/SS, not sure how it works or if he will only be 3B/OF. Thanks.
  18. Initial reports indicated he would be back in the 2H. Haven't seen or heard anything since early June. Any update on this guy?
  19. He's been on the DL almost 3 weeks with a wrist or hand injury, I believe. Anyone know when he's expected back?
  • Create New...