NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Who gets the better side ???

Who gets the better side of this deal ?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the better side of this deal ?

• Team A
    • Team B

This is for a Dynasty league.

Team A gets :

Greg Oden, Por C

Beno Udrih, Sac PG

Ryan Gomes, Min SF

2009-2010 2nd round pick

2010-2011 1st round pick

Team B gets :

Al Horford, Atl PF/C

T.J. Ford, Ind PG

Spencer Hawes, Sac C

2009-2010 1st round pick

2010-2011 2nd round pick

This is for a Dynasty league.

Team A gets :

Greg Oden, Por C

Beno Udrih, Sac PG

Ryan Gomes, Min SF

2009-2010 2nd round pick

2010-2011 1st round pick

Team B gets :

Al Horford, Atl PF/C

T.J. Ford, Ind PG

Spencer Hawes, Sac C

2009-2010 1st round pick

2010-2011 2nd round pick

Team B by a hair. Gomes is fodder to me.

I gave it to A because I thought the keeper potential was better.

Oden is better than Horford. Ford is the next best player in the deal, but he is pretty worthless from a dyansty perspective.

It's tight. B is definitely a win now type of move, but I'm not its enough of one to make me give up a guy who could be top 20 next year or even top 10.

I gave it to A because I thought the keeper potential was better.

Oden is better than Horford. Ford is the next best player in the deal, but he is pretty worthless from a dyansty perspective.

It's tight. B is definitely a win now type of move, but I'm not its enough of one to make me give up a guy who could be top 20 next year or even top 10.

Actually team B has the younger guys in this deal for the long run. Oden is the youngest overall but the average age goes to team B for the future.

Oden >>> Horford - This part isn't even really close, Oden is so much more talented. The question is, how much will it translate fantasy wise? To be honest, I have been trying to figure out what Horford's ceiling is for a few weeks now and can't find a damn thing. I don't know if he is Drew Gooden like, or can may take his game to the next level and be a Boozer-lite type of player. Horford is the better bet to stay healthy, being I dont' believe he missed a game all of last year and never missed much at Florida. On the other hand, Oden has already missed an entire season with a major knee surgery and has had to play through and entire season with a broken hand/wrist in college. Scary thing is, he was still a force with that injury.

Beno = Ford - The reason I say they're equal is because Ford is a superior FANTASY talent, but I think Beno will be the one closer to 82 GP. The thing Beno has on his side is there isn't much immediate competition for his gig, and I dont' think any will be on the way there anytime soon if they give him a chance.

Gomes > Hawes - I only think this holds true for this year. I'm a pretty big Hawes fan. I'm confident he will be the starter with a young core in Sacto next year. With Kevin Martin being able to shoot from everywhere, that will only help him.

Tough to evaluate now, this one will just have to be revisited in a year or two at the earliest - so many young guys involved. I do like the deal for both sides though.

I just don't know if I'd be psyched to give up the next Tim Duncan (who can shoot ft's!) for the question Marks you've listed.

Horford is awesome, but he probably isn't even the best forward on his team.

Well as much as Oden is a beast, you dont think he is an injury question mark?

I just don't know if I'd be psyched to give up the next Tim Duncan (who can shoot ft's!) for the question Marks you've listed.

Yeah for me it really comes down to Oden v. Horford. I think I would prefer Oden who should provide top tier REBS/BLKS.

If he stays healthy, at worst, Oden ends up being like Ben Wallace.

Agreed...

I think it was a great deal for both of us bro. I just like hearing the different opinions.

Yea same here i'm pumped to have two picks next year so i hope i win this year and htan next year horford tears acl and i finish last too have first two picks.

Lmao.....you would of had 2 picks regardless bro. Now you have 2 #2 picks for next year.

Yea 2 2nd rounders i'll trade those two for like a first next year i'll have 3 picks next year i'll be set for life.

In the short-term, Team B will have better of the deal. But in a dynasty, I'd rather have the Oden side, obviously because of Oden.

I love the opinions but Im not understanding the long term part though. Someone else said that as well. The long term part is the reason I made this deal.....lol

Oden 20 Hawes 20

Gomes 26 Horford 22

Beno 26 Ford 25

I love the opinions but Im not understanding the long term part though. Someone else said that as well. The long term part is the reason I made this deal.....lol

Oden 20 Hawes 20

Gomes 26 Horford 22

Beno 26 Ford 25

Age has nothing to do with it. It's about where a player is now and where we logically predict he will end up. Horford may be ahead of Oden this season but by next season giving up Oden for all three of those guys could very well be a total joke.

All six of those guys are likely going to be playing in the NBA long after your dynasty league has faded away.

Age has nothing to do with it. It's about where a player is now and where we logically predict he will end up. Horford may be ahead of Oden this season but by next season giving up Oden for all three of those guys could very well be a total joke.

All six of those guys are likely going to be playing in the NBA long after your dynasty league has faded away.

Whoahh, You're talking like I gave up Oden for those 3 guys. Thats not even remotely close. Oden's value in the NBA isnt even proven yet. Not saying he will be a bust but its a longer season then a college season and he is a proven injury risk. Compared to Horford who played all 82 games last season. The key part of the trade was Horford for me. I feel that he is solid in almost all cats across the board compared to Oden and will be for years to come. Its all just a matter of opinion. I just feel that Horford is being undervalued in this deal.

Whoahh, You're talking like I gave up Oden for those 3 guys. Thats not even remotely close. Oden's value in the NBA isnt even proven yet. Not saying he will be a bust but its a longer season then a college season and he is a proven injury risk. Compared to Horford who played all 82 games last season. The key part of the trade was Horford for me. I feel that he is solid in almost all cats across the board compared to Oden and will be for years to come. Its all just a matter of opinion. I just feel that Horford is being undervalued in this deal.

You could be right and Horford's upside could be a lot closer to Oden's and Oden's injury risk is much higher.

I think if (big if) oden can stay healthy he is probably one or two years away from being top ten possibly higher. I don't see Horford ever getting there.

But again, age is irrelevant in this case.

I think I threw up a little reading the part about Duncan. Oden will never be in Duncan's class. Let's just get that out there.

There are guys that are athletes and guys that are basketball players. Oden may be big and strong and can run and jump, but I don't think he is the basketball player that Duncan is and I don't think he ever will will be.

I considered Oden to be overhyped (injury aside) and felt he was going way too high in drafts. I think he has the potential to be an excellent defender and muscle that will controll the post, but I'm not holding my breath on his offensive skills yet. He looks stiff and awkward in there at times. I don't know if he will ever be a 20 point scorer like everyone is counting on.

I think he has the most upside in this deal, but you guys arent' even addressing the other parts.

All things being equal (injuries), I think T.J. Ford should clearly be better than Udrih and it is a dynasty and Hawes will blossum for the Kings. He hasnt' even been addressed yet in this thread. He looks a lot like the guy he is set to replace in Brad Miller, but is probably more athletic. He was a 12-7-3-1.5 guy in the 8 games he started as a rookie last year and his game will continue to grow. What if he becomes a legit 15-9-4-1.5 guy and moves into bonafide 4th round center territory? Would that change your mind?

I think

Oden > Horford

Udrih < Ford

Gomes < Hawes

It is kind of a pick your side type of trade.

Archived