NBC Sports Edge Forums

I'm tired of interleague play...

ssmarsh

I like interleague play. Because you get to see AL pitchers look frikken ridiculous when they're batting. Its funny.

The best was last year when the Phillies played the Yanks and Mariano Rivera went two innings and had to get his first ML at bat. He had to borrow Jeter's batting gloves and someones helmet that was way too big and he choked up and took 3 HUGE swings and came up empty. The whole team made fun of him when he got back to the dugout.

The best was last year when the Phillies played the Yanks and Mariano Rivera went two innings and had to get his first ML at bat. He had to borrow Jeter's batting gloves and someones helmet that was way too big and he choked up and took 3 HUGE swings and came up empty. The whole team made fun of him when he got back to the dugout.

Good stuff!!

Why am I tired of it? No particular reason, just sick of it.

As for it being the best thing to happen to AL only leagues, I beg to differ. When AL teams travel to NL parks and their usual DH's miss a few games, it's weak.

Why am I tired of it? No particular reason, just sick of it.

As for it being the best thing to happen to AL only leagues, I beg to differ. When AL teams travel to NL parks and their usual DH's miss a few games, it's weak.

I disagree. If the DH happens to be the best hitter on the team, they WILL find a position for him to play. It's usually 1st base. These guys don't make it to the majors without playing a position at some point. I'm sure it's just like riding a bike.

They don't let Ortiz, Hafner, Thome ride the pine....

In the real world I love it. In fantasy world I could do without it. Much harder to predict performances when guys are facing pitchers they've never seen before and vice versa. My offense was really heated up - but the last 2 days they have been putrid (eg. Matthews, Braun, Fielder a combined 0/12 today alone).

I think its the best thing by far the MLB has done since the strike of 94.

I dont feel bad for people who lose the Hafners of the world during a few series a year. Such is the price you pay when you are drafting a guy who can only play DH.

In the real world I love it. In fantasy world I could do without it. Much harder to predict performances when guys are facing pitchers they've never seen before and vice versa. My offense was really heated up - but the last 2 days they have been putrid (eg. Matthews, Braun, Fielder a combined 0/12 today alone).

Isn't every pitcher new to Braun? B)

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like all of my NL starters get shelled, no matter who i trot out there. Even Snell got lit up pretty hard today, and he's been money. Harang had a good start last night and Bush tonight, but no one else on my team has corralled the AL lineups. It really proves how much harder it is to pitch in the AL. Guys like Sean Marshall, Kuo, and Ian Snell are effective in the NL but get ripped vs AL lineups. Maybe its just all in my head, but i cant wait til its over. At least i didnt start Josh Johnson tonight.

I'm pretty happy with interleague play. Rich Hill and Chris Young did well for me. Chad Cordero... not so much.

Gallardo against KC tomorrow is going to be money. Johan versus the Marlins will be money too - but that's AL.

I am not a big interleague fan either. I feel like it has been going on for too long now.

However, I feel many NL starters have held their own. Among them have been:

Aaron Harang, Chris Young, Cole Hamels, Rich Hill, Kyle Davies, Jeff Francis, Roy Oswalt, Matt Chico, Dave Bush, El Duque, Carlos Zambrano, Tom Glavine... and the list goes on...most were Friday's and Saturday's starters...it actually hasn't been that bad this year. It was alot worse last year, or so it seems. I have not looked up this years record though, I could be wrong!

I'm pretty happy with interleague play. Rich Hill and Chris Young did well for me. Chad Cordero... not so much.

Gallardo against KC tomorrow is going to be money. Johan versus the Marlins will be money too - but that's AL.

Don't curse Gallardo please B) . I had Cordero too, and he made an average day of the Verlander and Wainright (2 start weekly streamer) quality starts for me.

Ya, the on the plus side my AL starters have been hellagood in interleague....especially Vazquez/Escobar tonight, but id trade it all to take away a couple of my NL starters lines. Maybe it was worse last year. this is my first year with NL Only, so its my first experience on the short end of the interleague matchup. AND I DONT LIKE IT! B)

Interleague sucks azz from a Fantasy baseball owner's standpoint. The thing I mostly love about this is that it does bring out the haters of the DH while this is going on.............but from a fan of MLB, you gotta love it, at least I do. The ONLY thing that I hate about interleague is that MLB decides that there ""must"" be state rivalries.......The Mets vs Skankees, Rangers vs Astros, Cubs vs Chisox, etc. To me, this takes away from the entire interleague thang. OK, it's great that they play each other.......but twice a year (home & home series)? Mets should hold a series one year and the Skankees the next and so on and so on. Same as the Cubs, Chisox, Stros, & Rangers. That other series should be devoted to the odd team out in the division which you are playing that year.

I know MLB is trying to woo the fans with this state rivalry crap, but that is super old to me already and very stale.

But to stay on topic.............only start your NL SPs at home vs the AL teams. NO DH! B)

Theres 2 minutes I will never get back from reading your posts. So you hate interleague but you have no reasons? Hmm ok.

Yesterday's Yankee/Giants game is an example of why interleague sucks. I'm not a fan of the "NL style" of games so watching Scott Proctor bat in the 13th inning of a tie game annoys me. I know Torre is mostly to blame for leaving him in, but the fact that he had to make a decision like that in the first place is pretty weak. At least it all ends today and we can go back to regular matchups!

Archived