NBC Sports Edge Forums

I'm tired of interleague play...

ssmarsh

My beef with IL play from a fantasy standpoint is keeping track of all the platooning matchups. With an AL only league trying to second guess which players are getting which days gets confusing after awhile, at least for an old guy like me. Do I really need to spend more time on Rotoworld? Yes. Yes I do.

The DH blows. The American League is nothing more than a beer softball league. The Nl is where real baseball is played. Don

I couldn't disagree more.  I think the NL is a joke with 8 man lineups (I know its 9 but you guys know what I mean).  Pitchers can't hit end of story.  They are a gift out for to many teams and it makes mediocre pitchers look great.  Give me the longer deeper lineups and a game where the pitchers are not handed 1 or 2 free K's a game.  If it were up to me baseball would incorporate the DH rule in both leagues.

I am tired of interleague play because most of the matchups are horrible. Who really cares if the Mets play the As? Pirates/Yankees? Royals/Cardinals? When there are good matchups like the Braves/Red Sox then it is fun to watch but it is getting old fast. They really should cut out a couple of the series. It is too much of a gimmick now.

I like it how it is. I bet Red Sox fans would love to see the Cubs at Fenway. It was pretty cool when the Red Sox were at Wrigley a few years ago.

Just add the DH in both leagues or get rid of it. I don't care either way but AL teams have too much of an advantage with a DH over an NL team.

I want to see the Sox/Cubs series every year - home and away.

I want to see the Sox/Cubs series every year - home and away.

Yeah...........and for every person that wants to see this matchup, there are 100 that could really care less. That's the problem with the schedule the way it is, MLB is trying to force a rivalry instead of letting it take care of itself. But I'll give you one thing, there is hatred between the Chisox/Cubs so this rivalry is warranted. Does anyone really care when the Rangers/Astros play? Probably not unless you are a fan of either team. Does anyone really care when the Giants/A's play? Again, probably not unless you are a fan of the team. Angels/Dodgers? Orioles/Nationals? There are a few intriguing matchup. Skankees/Mutts? Sure alot of people like this series 'cause each team carries a huge fanbase.

MLB should erase the DH or incorporate it in both home/away games and all would be well.........but the advantage would still go to the AL since their rosters are geared towards more offense and carry less pitchers than the typical NL team does.

I like interleague play but yeah, don't really care for the "rivalries." As an Astros fan, I was subjected to watching the Rangers play.. hard to get interested in that series. I like interleague play less for the rivalries and more for seeing teams that you haven't seen much of. It'd be pretty cool if the Red Sox came to Houston.

I like interleague play less for the rivalries and more for seeing teams that you haven't seen much of. It'd be pretty cool if the Red Sox came to Houston.

You nailed it on the head............that, to me, is one thing that is good about the interleague games. The Astros got to see the Mariners, Angels and A's. The only other time that could possibly happen would be if they made it to the World Series.

I was in Maui over the past 1 1/2 weeks and was able to catch all 3 of the Stros/Angels games at 4pm in the afternoon (after we did our daily activities)..........the Astros held their own against them too. They took it to Lackey & Colon, which surprised the crap out of me.

Archived