NBC Sports Edge Forums

Help me here!!!

I'm in trade talks with another owner who is interested in Morneau. I have 2 options, David Wright/Escobar or Berkman/Escobar. It can be escobar or D-Train. Which do you think is better for my team??...Do you think i should make one of them or let my team like it is now??

I'd go with Wright and Kelvim because they both are on better teams. Lance is good, but Wright is more of a complete player, since he will steal more bases. I have willis and he is a mess right now. What bothers me especially is the amount of batters he walks. Kelvim might not be pitching that much better, but the Angels look really good and have a solid bullpen to back him up.

I'd go with Wright and Kelvim because they both are on better teams. Lance is good, but Wright is more of a complete player, since he will steal more bases. I have willis and he is a mess right now. What bothers me especially is the amount of batters he walks. Kelvim might not be pitching that much better, but the Angels look really good and have a solid bullpen to back him up.

True, at first sight I thought Willis was a better option, but i started checking his stats and he walks a lot lot of batters and he is really struggling right now. With Escobar there is the injuries issue.I have Rolen and Beltre in 3B...Beltre hasnt been great, but not bad either....I think rolen can pick up things....don't know if my team is better with Wright or with Berkman....Although, Berkman's production worries me....he doesn't look like himself....appreciate the help...

Hafner will get 1B eligibility in many leagues soon, so I would get Wright to upgrade @ 3B. I would choose Escobar b/c Willis is a high ERA/WHIP guy. (Escobar does have a history of injuries though).

Berkman is a great buy low... You can't go wrong with either Berkman or Wright.

I like the Wright and Escobar deal myself. Of course Escobar is injury prone. But just hope his injury earlier in the year, will be his only one. I think Escobar will be fine for the whole season. May just miss a few starts but definitely grab him over D train. Unless Dtrain is dealt to a contending team, which I do not see happening. At least not for this season.

Take Wright and Escobar. Escobar is by far the better pitcher. Willis is more hyped up because what he did in the World Series. He basically lives off of that in fantasy baseball. You can find guys on the waiver wire with similar numbers to him. If you make the trade with Willis you are getting screwed. Wright is a better all around player than Berkman and the steals for your team would be an added bonus. Plus he has really started to heat up lately and he's hitting in a great lineup.

Willis 4.70 ERA 1.55 WHIP and .64 K/Inning ratio isn't very good. He sucks and really shouldn't even be on someone's roster.

Escobar 2.76 ERA and 1.12 WHIP with a little better K ratio.

The guy making the trade with you is probably praying that you take Willis instead of Escobar. He's probably laughing that you have to even consider who to take. I would be. I can't believe prior posts actually preffered Willis. These posts encourage me to go out and offer up a stupid trade and hope I get a bite. It's a joke that I'm even posting in favor of Escobar. That should be common knowledge. If you want to benefit most from this trade take Escobar and either hitter is a win/win although I would prefer Wright for his all-around ability.

Archived