4. Eddie Royal

63-757yds-5TDs

86-1,033yds-7TDs**

**Projection

5. Matt Ryan

2,625yds 13 TDs-6 Ints

3,500yds 18 TDs-8 Ints**

**Projection

(Projections are the average/per game added to the remaining 4 games)

Yeah, almost no question about if Atlanta continues to win and/or makes the playoffs.

I voted for CJ out of loyalty tho.

B)

All those running backs are great, but the ROY is clearly Ryan.

QB the Falcons back to respectability and make everyone forget about the dog killer?

He's the man.

in real life, it's no contest...Matt Ryan.

For fantasy purposes, my boy Forte! Followed by CJ and Slaton...

I voted fantasy (Forte) but completely agree with this statement.

I am confused, how is the ROY determined? Does the guy with the best overall stats win or do they factor in team win-lose and other stuff also? B)

Cause I just cant understand why Ryan is such a huge favorite to win it...

I am confused, how is the ROY determined? Does the guy with the best overall stats win or do they factor in team win-lose and other stuff also? B)

Cause I just cant understand why Ryan is such a huge favorite to win it...

The AP determines the offensive and defensive ROYs, and every voter has a different criteria...

ATL was projected to be the worst team in the league this past offseason, with many expecting them to go winless this season... while turner has played great, ryan's play this season is nothing short of miraculous... he's not only being efficient and not losing games for his team... he's also making game changing and game winning plays in his first season... just to put it into perspective...

matt ryan in 08 > peyton manning in 98 (ryan had turner, manning had faulk)

Where is the Defensive ROY? ROY as mentioned before has a offensive and defensive award.

Also how is Joe Flacco not on the list? I do not think he is the ROY but he should be mentioned long before Eddie Royal.

Then make a new poll B) . I voted Forte by the way, but expect Ryan to win it.

A rookie RB making a big impact in his first season isnt anything new. How often does a rookie QB come in and shine like Ryan has? The learning curve for a QB is not even close to a RB. I dont think there is any question that Ryan is the ROY.

The AP determines the offensive and defensive ROYs, and every voter has a different criteria...

ATL was projected to be the worst team in the league this past offseason, with many expecting them to go winless this season... while turner has played great, ryan's play this season is nothing short of miraculous... he's not only being efficient and not losing games for his team... he's also making game changing and game winning plays in his first season... just to put it into perspective...

matt ryan in 08 > peyton manning in 98 (ryan had turner, manning had faulk)

This pretty much sums it up, excellent post!

Where is the Defensive ROY? ROY as mentioned before has a offensive and defensive award.

Also how is Joe Flacco not on the list? I do not think he is the ROY but he should be mentioned long before Eddie Royal.

Jerod Mayo gets my Defensive Rookie of the Year

M

Along with Forte's rushing yards and TD's, he also leads the team in receptions. He carried that team. But, QB's get quite the nod when they do well in their rookie season. Ryan will win it unless he totally flames these last four games.

CJ is on pace for same yards and TD's as Forte with 1/4 less carries. If its a running back it will be CJ...11-1, top seed in AFC, and from small school will sway some voters. That said, Ryan deserves it. Much easier to succeed as a rookine RB than it is a rookie QB.

CJ is on pace for same yards and TD's as Forte with 1/4 less carries. If its a running back it will be CJ...11-1, top seed in AFC, and from small school will sway some voters. That said, Ryan deserves it. Much easier to succeed as a rookine RB than it is a rookie QB.

that's true if voters were solely basing their judgement on rushing stats, but forte's receiving stats, at this point of the season, sets him apart from CJ (forte leads his team in recs)... forte is basically CHI's entire offense, and he hasn't had too much run support behind him while CJ is not quite as indispensible with lendale backing him up

That's a real tough one this year. But I have to go with Matt Ryan completely turning around an organization that was possibly in the worst shambles in the history of a team. The dude is also doing it every single week. Lastly, he's the only QB to blow up the Raiders pass D lately too.

Archived