121 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

• Matt Ryan
    • Matt Forte
    • Chris Johnson
    • Steve Slaton
    • Eddie Royal

Ryan in reality, Forte in real life.

im assuming he meant forte in fantasy... but for whiskeyriver, maybe fantasy IS life...

its a great year for rookies, but as someone said, rookie rb's being successful is common, rookie qb's being successful is rare, particularly on a team that was a complete disaster last year and didnt look like it was going to be much better this year..

he shouldnt win, but desean jackson should get mentioned, especially because rookies usually can never got on the field in philly...

im assuming he meant forte in fantasy... but for whiskeyriver, maybe fantasy IS life...

its a great year for rookies, but as someone said, rookie rb's being successful is common, rookie qb's being successful is rare, particularly on a team that was a complete disaster last year and didnt look like it was going to be much better this year..

he shouldnt win, but desean jackson should get mentioned, especially because rookies usually can never got on the field in philly...

Hah...I was the one that was tired...up late last night working on something. I meant Forte in fantasy, obv.

This is the best rookie class I can remember. Forte is the centerpiece of that offense. Everything revolves around him. That said, what Ryan is doing in Atlanta is astounding for a rookie QB. My vote would still go to Forte, but mabye I'm bias cause the dude has carried my fantasy team this year. #1 scoring back in that league.

I am confused, how is the ROY determined? Does the guy with the best overall stats win or do they factor in team win-lose and other stuff also? B)

Cause I just cant understand why Ryan is such a huge favorite to win it...

its because he's a qb. rookie qbs typically need way more development time, which he hasn't.

Ryan isnt even the best rookie QB this yr, that award would go to Joe Flacco

B)

even if you compare them on stats alone, ryan is having a better season... i do agree that flacco should be included in ROY discussions (especially if slaton and royal are being included)

RYAN

2625 YARDS

13 TD

6 INT

91.2 RATE

FLACCO

2276 YARDS

12 TD

9 INT

82.3 RATE

Besides Flacco having more rushing yards 161 to Ryan's 71, I don't understand how you can make the argument Flacco is the better QB out of the two. Not to mention Flacco benefits from a really good defense keeping his team in many of the games they play.

That's absurd. Ryan just made Roddy White into a superstar......overnight. Flacco gets great field position almost every series to open up all kinds of possibilities because of that sick D. I'm not sacking on Flacco, but it's clear to me at least that Ryan is the future superstar here. Flacco's numbers were also helped this week by three miraculous catches, while White dropped a TD that hit him right in the chest.

Where is the Defensive ROY? ROY as mentioned before has a offensive and defensive award.

Also how is Joe Flacco not on the list? I do not think he is the ROY but he should be mentioned long before Eddie Royal.

that's easy too it's Mayo.

Um No. Ryan has been better statistically as well as on the field. I like Flacco and all, but Ryan has him beat thus far this year.

The season isnt over yet and Flacco is really starting to come on. A few good games he will pass Ryans #'s (even though are equal in fantasy now). Long term Flacco is going to be the guy you want.

The season isnt over yet and Flacco is really starting to come on. A few good games he will pass Ryans #'s (even though are equal in fantasy now). Long term Flacco is going to be the guy you want.

i've watched both play, and i have no clue why you think flacco is 1) playing better than ryan this season and 2) why you think flacco will be better long term... ryan is already making pre-snap reads and adjusting plays accordingly (he's looked peyton-like on several plays i've watched him), almost always makes the right read and throws the ball to the right receiver, and gets rid of the ball on time and accurately...

i don't agree that ryan made roddy a star like others have mentioned in this thread, but he's certainly made jenkins a productive wr2 when most, including the falcons, had all but given up on him (ATL can finally halt their neverending search for wrs)... in addition, ryan has had no security blanket to speak of with the lack of a legit TE and receiving rb... flacco has mason, a veteran and the ultimate possession wr, and clayton, who i would rate significantly higher than jenkins... if anything, flacco has under-utilized heap until recently...

furthermore, while flacco has shown decent scrambling ability and elusiveness, he has the tendancy to hold the ball too long letting plays break down (his wrs are often waiting for the ball)... by contrast, ryan makes quick reads and has great anticipation in terms of when/where his wrs are going to be at the end of their routes, which helps explain the ridiculously low number of times he's been sacked as a rookie (he's not too shabby throwing on the move either)...

the only thing flacco has on ryan is arm strength, but ryan's arm is plenty strong (they can both make all the throws)... bottom line, ryan has made a much bigger impact, taking a team, whom most thought would be the worst in the league, to the brink of the playoffs... while there's no doubt flacco has played well this season, i would attribute BAL's success more to their defense

in regards to the remainder of this season, flacco's schedule is much more difficult:

flacco: WAS, PIT, @DAL, JAC

ryan: @NOR, TAM, @ MIN, STL

i have a hard time believing flacco will out play ryan the rest of the season

Archived