NBC Sports Edge Forums

value of Mark Teahen at 2B?

ssmarsh

With the word that KC is looking at Mark Teahen at 2B, I was wondering how it would impact his value in an AL only league. He's pretty low on the draft chart as an OF, but with 2B being such a weak position, he could be a "steal" at 2B. He used to be a full time 3B, so a switch to 2B shouldn't be super difficult, leading me to believe that KC will give him an honest shot to be the every day 2B in 2009. Thoughts?

I think if KC moves Teahen to 2B, he would become much more servicable as he goes from a 'marginal' outfielder to a weak position where he will probably produce somewhere around 15 HR's, 65 RBI, .270 AVG, which I think would be nice from the 2B spot. I don't think he will put up 100+ runs or a .300 avg (although he flirted with .300 in '06 & '07), but when Kinsler, Pedrioa, Ramirez and Roberts and the like are off the board, I think he might be worth taking a chance on. Also going into that 'magic' year at 27 yrs old as well, so maybe he has a career year. I don't think the transition from 3rd to 2nd should be to difficult. Any word on what his range would be like playing at 2nd? Do you know of any links discussing the possible move by KC?

Do you know of any links discussing the possible move by KC?

Search for him on the RW MLB page (I can't do that from the office or I'd link it) and you should see a blurb or two.

That concerns me as an owner of Zack Greinke in three leagues. Teahen has regressed badly as a hitter, though he would be worth a flier if he was at 2B.

That's a great point. If Teahen couldn't handle third, I don't see how a move to 2nd can possibly be successful

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I thought the job was Callaspo's, but Teahan would make better sense for them and if he can man the position, it could be his permanent home.

.275-15-65-65-8 from second base would be decent late in the draft.

nice job ssmarsh....cbs just posted.

It wasn't a secret, but I'll take credit for starting a discussion...

Thanks for the heads up. By the way, my deal for Youkilis was just approved (and Kila as well)! Thanks for your help!

Glad the deal went through...you're on your way!

Archived