NBC Sports Edge Forums

Twins infield

ssmarsh

While updating my depth charts, I've noticed different sites showing different potential starting schemes in Minnesota. Who do you guys think will be starting for the Twins?

1B - J. Morneau (given)

2B - A. Casilla (pretty solid)

SS - N. Punto (?)

3B - B. Harris (?)

I ask because I'm trying to figure out Punto's value in AL only. If he's playing every day, he's gotta be worth a few dollars late in the auction, right?

I think I read on a sportsline blurb the other day that there was some talk about moving Cuddyear to third in the spring, but considering the source I'd take that with a grain of salt.

I think I read on a sportsline blurb the other day that there was some talk about moving Cuddyear to third in the spring, but considering the source I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Considering their "glut" of OF, that makes sense. Span, Young, Gomez in the OF, Cuddy at 3rd. Why the hell not.

"Twins manager Ron Gardenhire has been opposed to the idea, even telling reporters last month at TwinsFest that the chances of Cuddyer returning to third were "absolutely none." Cuddyer to third

So it looks like Cuddyer is staying put for now. Yahoo mentions that the OF might be shuffled up too, possibly delmon losing some PT.

I would not spend any money on Punto in an auction - even in a AL Central only league. He has zero upside. Take that money, and overbid at the top of your player selections.

Buscher/Harris will be splitting time so it is tough to spend anything on either one of them.

Latest reports are that the Twins are Crede's only remaining starting option. The parties are now playing chicken on salary/incentives with each side hoping/not hoping some team's starting 3B gets hurt.

I think Casilla could have a very good year. .305 BA, 100 runs, and 15 SB is a modest ceiling.

Right now, it's Casilla at 2nd, Punto at SS, and a Harris/Buscher platoon at 3rd, with Harris spelling Punto and maybe Casilla when they need rest. If they sign Crede, it's Harris and Buscher who lose the PT, but they don't really have any fantasy value anyway so Crede shouldn't change anything in that sense.

RW Headlines:

Agent Scott Boras hinted Saturday that a Joe Crede-to-Minnesota deal might be near.

"I anticipate, the way things are going right now, that you might have a solution on where Joe is going," Boras said in a phone conversation with La Velle E. Neal III. "I can’t say a definite amount of time, but I think it’s a shorter than longer amount of time." The Twins seem to be his only serious suitors.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

RW Headlines:

Agent Scott Boras hinted Saturday that a Joe Crede-to-Minnesota deal might be near.

"I anticipate, the way things are going right now, that you might have a solution on where Joe is going," Boras said in a phone conversation with La Velle E. Neal III. "I can't say a definite amount of time, but I think it's a shorter than longer amount of time." The Twins seem to be his only serious suitors.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Crede would be a great add for the twins. He has some good power and can play 3rd well.

Archived