NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeff Garcia

Br0kenB

Next stop, Minnesota. New York I believe will give Clemens or Ainge a legitimate shot. Minnesota does not have a legitimate QB that can take them to the next level other than maybe, MAYBE Booty. To avoid a QB carousel, I believe Garcia goes to Minny.

Next stop, Minnesota. New York I believe will give Clemens or Ainge a legitimate shot. Minnesota does not have a legitimate QB that can take them to the next level other than maybe, MAYBE Booty. To avoid a QB carousel, I believe Garcia goes to Minny.

You mean Ratliff? I think Ratliff will open the season as the Jets starter. But yeah I would guess that Garcia goes to the Vikings if he doesn't retire. That would make him fantasy relevant because almost any starting QB is fantasy relevant but I think he would be in the bottom tier of QBs for fantasy.

I see Garcia going to Vikings. They have a great D. Berrian at WR , and of course AP B)

Seriously, a great D Berrian? MIN seems like a plausible landing spot for Garcia, but it wouldn't make him fantasy relevant unless your league counts handoffs.

Seriously, a great D Berrian? MIN seems like a plausible landing spot for Garcia, but it wouldn't make him fantasy relevant unless your league counts handoffs.

Berrian is OK he ain't that bad. Garcia will have a better WR to throw too then say his former WR Joey Galloway.

• 6 months later...
  • Root Admin

ESPN just reported he signed with the Eagles. Considering there were a number of different landing spots where he could have had a good shot at perhaps starting (Carolina before Feeley and Denver come to mind), maybe McNabb's injury is a little more serious than Philly is letting on....Could just be that Kolb is hurt fairly bad. Regardless, it doesn't look like Vick will be getting the starting gig if McNabb is out for an extended amount of time...

Now Im torn. In my 16 team lague I just lost McNabb and have to start Orton next week, or I pick up old man Garcia and hope he scores a lot vs. NO. Garcia is worth a pickup anyway as insurance to McNabb, lets see how he does in training.

Now Im torn. In my 16 team lague I just lost McNabb and have to start Orton next week, or I pick up old man Garcia and hope he scores a lot vs. NO. Garcia is worth a pickup anyway as insurance to McNabb, lets see how he does in training.

kevin kolb will definitely start this week.... the team invested a second round pick and have had him sitting around for three years... they want to give kolb one shot where he has worked with the first team all week and then starts the game..and against the saints, kolb couldnt ask for a better opportunity...its a really interesting situation where this guys entire career might be made or broken by this one game...

if he plays badly, he could get pulled for garcia, and it wouldnt be out of the question that the eagles eventually cut him and keep garcia....

garcia's only chance for fantasy value would be next week against the chiefs if kolb doesnt get it done this week..

eagles would be crazy not to keep mcnabb out until after the week 4 bye...

Is there any long term value with him? I have the #2 waiver and not a good QB situation. I could use the help anyway I can get.

I don't think so. He's here because Vick isn't eligible to play yet, and they weren't able to get AJ Feeley back.

The Eagles have the Saints this week, the Chiefs in week 3, and a week 4 bye, so it's possible he could be on the roster for the next two weeks as they give McNabb an extra week to rest.

Unless the injury lingers, or something else happens, I'd be surprised to see him here in October.

I don't think so. He's here because Vick isn't eligible to play yet, and they weren't able to get AJ Feeley back.

The Eagles have the Saints this week, the Chiefs in week 3, and a week 4 bye, so it's possible he could be on the roster for the next two weeks as they give McNabb an extra week to rest.

Unless the injury lingers, or something else happens, I'd be surprised to see him here in October.

Much appreciated. I mean I'll grab him if his slips past waivers but I can't use that on a 2 week starter.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

i wonder where he's gonna end up. i'm not saying he's gonna be amazing, but worth keeping an eye on pending the team he goes to. I will say that he will probably be signed within 2-3 weeks (imo)

i wonder where he's gonna end up. i'm not saying he's gonna be amazing, but worth keeping an eye on pending the team he goes to. I will say that he will probably be signed within 2-3 weeks (imo)

I think the Raiders really kicked themselves in the a** by not signing him. Then again you never know if JaMarcus will figure it out with enough experience (remember the guys 23 years old). I'd like to see him be a good QB in this league, but regardless I would have made Garcia the starter by now without hesitation-and they might have actually been alright this year, maybe even a surprise. But what a bad move.

yeah the raiders should have kept him buuuuuut....Garcia didn't want to play for oakland if he wasn't going to start. EVERYONE expected more out of russell, so they cut garcia/he left/whatever. Russell is a f*ggot, and i HATE him...everyone is busting their @ss but he doesn't care about anything but himself

anyway sorry got off topic...lol. I could see the raiders saying something like "hey, you want to start? we'll pay you alot of money" and him accepting. pending how the bucs & miami qb's do, he could head there as well. last 2 pics - KC & Cle (might need one as well)

just my thoughts on the situation. you know he's loose & ready to play, so guys w/a bad qb situation should just keep an eye on him

yeah the raiders should have kept him buuuuuut....Garcia didn't want to play for oakland if he wasn't going to start. EVERYONE expected more out of russell, so they cut garcia/he left/whatever. Russell is a f*ggot, and i HATE him...everyone is busting their @ss but he doesn't care about anything but himself

anyway sorry got off topic...lol. I could see the raiders saying something like "hey, you want to start? we'll pay you alot of money" and him accepting. pending how the bucs & miami qb's do, he could head there as well. last 2 pics - KC & Cle (might need one as well)

just my thoughts on the situation. you know he's loose & ready to play, so guys w/a bad qb situation should just keep an eye on him

Yea good point. I hate NFL players with pathetic work ethics and no passion to improve themselves-what a waste. Only thing that leads to is the bench.

• 1 month later...

Archived