NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deuce McAllister

Br0kenB

I wouldn't mind him coming in and giving Forte a breather. They could bring him in on 1st and 2nd downs to give him quick break if need be. They don't have that type of back right now. I wouldn't mind them getting Deuce or Fred Taylor for that matter.

IRL he could have nice team value, but he'll never have FFB value again.

I wouldn't mind him coming in and giving Forte a breather. They could bring him in on 1st and 2nd downs to give him quick break if need be. They don't have that type of back right now. I wouldn't mind them getting Deuce or Fred Taylor for that matter.

Ack Toes! Never say never!

Football being a game of attrition, if Deuce finds a home don't discount him as having some FFB value during -particularly late in- the season when either the lead dog goes down or gets a rest- as long as Deuce himself holds up.

It would probably be in Deuce's best interest to call it a career. He was lucky to have played at all, let alone as effectively as he did this past season (of course the PEDs probably helped) after 4 surgeries in 3 years including 2 ACL reconstructions and the dreaded micro-fracture procedure.

But not only is it hard to hang them cleats up, it's hard to turn down a 6-7 figure payday should one be offered, especially when it figures to be your last.

Deuce could be a help to the Bears. He could give Fotre a rest etc. Don't wanna run him and abuse him like some teams do to their Star RB's i.e. Chargers , Chiefs , Cowboys.

Archived