NBC Sports Edge Forums

worth trying to deal more?

ssmarsh

After some off-season wheeling and dealing, I'm looking at heading into my 10 team, AL only, $260 auction draft with the following keepers (we can keep 7):

C - Inge ($2)

CO - Garko ($1)

MI - Punto ($1)

OF - Rios ($13 - have to keep him due to LT contract)

SP - Greinke ($8 after I long term him)

SP - Meche ($10)

CL - Soria ($24)

I've still got some tradeable value in guys like Torii Hunter ($17), Johnny Damon ($17) and Curtis Granderson ($19) and was wondering if it's worth it to try and make another deal go get a cheaper SP than Meche. I could go after a $1 Joe Saunders or something like that. Any thoughts?

Seems that Granderson, Damon, and Hunter all have some room (not a lot) for profit at those prices, so I would see if I could parlay one of them, or a combination of players, to get a ungrade to one for your keepers. Worth a shot.

Not a fan of Saunders this year - BABIP correction big-time. If you can get a true upgrade, it's obviously worth it, but I don't specifically see Saunders as better than your SP's (who are cheap given your AL-only format).

Not a fan of Saunders this year - BABIP correction big-time. If you can get a true upgrade, it's obviously worth it, but I don't specifically see Saunders as better than your SP's (who are cheap given your AL-only format).

Yeah, I'm not actively looking to replace Meche on my keeper list, but if I could upgrade someplace I would. An owner in my league just posted to the league mesage board that he's looking for OF's. He's got Pedroia at $4 so I'll go knocking on his door and see if he answers. B)

I would think about keeping Granderson vs. Soria... that seems like a high price for a closer... maybe try trading him... im sure you can get a lindstrom or a wilson... there are always plenty of closers...

$24 is actually a great price for a closer in my AL only league as the elites like Mariano and Papelbon go in the $30's.

After some off-season wheeling and dealing, I'm looking at heading into my 10 team, AL only, $260 auction draft with the following keepers (we can keep 7):

C - Inge ($2)

CO - Garko ($1)

MI - Punto ($1)

OF - Rios ($13 - have to keep him due to LT contract)

SP - Greinke ($8 after I long term him)

SP - Meche ($10)

CL - Soria ($24)

I've still got some tradeable value in guys like Torii Hunter ($17), Johnny Damon ($17) and Curtis Granderson ($19) and was wondering if it's worth it to try and make another deal go get a cheaper SP than Meche. I could go after a $1 Joe Saunders or something like that. Any thoughts?

I would not go after Saunders - peripherals offer some worry. Even at $1, if he regresses to his peripheral norms he could do real damage.

Rios is an excellent value.

In a keeper auction league, AL-only, $260 cap, I cannot even imagine what it would cost to get Pedroia - I would never trade him going into the auction.

Archived