NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who do you like with my line up so far

yanksn07

Ok so I made a trade and I have the 1st pick then the 17th pick of the draft along with the snake turn at 20 and 21.

Who do you take...

B. Roberts C. Granderson

C. Crawford S. Victorino

C. Davis G. Soto

Y. Gallardo J. Ellsbury

M. Kemp J. Nathan

V. Wells C. Zambrano

G. Atkins J. Shields

C. Jones J. Chamberlain

H. Pence E. Santana

T. Tulo D. Uggla

S. Drew B. Abreu

J. Dye J. Soria

So these are the top players avaliable that I'm thinking will be taken within the top 25 picks and I get four of them... as you can see after all the keepers were announced that ALOT of pitchers have been taken with every team keeping at least two starters... I am tempted to take Crawford Kemp Davis or Roberts, but with 21 starters kept and two teams only keeping 1 starter I am thinking of taking Gallardo because I would like to have a dominant pitching staff and there arent many others to be taken then take maybe a Wells or Abreu and hopefully Uggla and another starter or Soto if he is available... so what do you guys think... sorry for the length...

Leave a link and I will answer

With the number of SPs taken, nabbing Gallardo is probably a good idea. And I'd get Crawford and Kemp, as they will go off the board quickly. Roberts and Granderson are probably the next to be drafted, but I might go after Davis to lock up a power bat.

If you think Gallardo will slide a little, go for the bats first.

I have the first pick, the 17th then the 20th and 21st... so I'm sure that if I take Gallardo, Kemp Roberts Crawford and Davis will all be gone... but if I let him go he will def. not be coming back around since alot of pitchers have been kept... So I should take Gallardo then take a couple of bats to fill out the line up on the way back with the 17th 20th and 21st?

I have the first pick, the 17th then the 20th and 21st... so I'm sure that if I take Gallardo, Kemp Roberts Crawford and Davis will all be gone... but if I let him go he will def. not be coming back around since alot of pitchers have been kept... So I should take Gallardo then take a couple of bats to fill out the line up on the way back with the 17th 20th and 21st?

If you get the chance to take a guy like Matt Kemp, you have to take it. I'm a little confused about exactly what the situation is here, but I'd take Kemp if I could. I definitely like him more than Gallardo.

If you get the chance to take a guy like Matt Kemp, you have to take it. I'm a little confused about exactly what the situation is here, but I'd take Kemp if I could. I definitely like him more than Gallardo.

I have the first pick of the draft after keepers... after seeing the keeper lists 21 pitchers have been kept and the best pitchers out there remaining are Gallardo/Zambrano/Bedard/E.Santana so I dont know if I should take Gallardo and then take three of those other guys with the picks I have coming back around (we can trade picks and I picked up the 7th pick in the second round as part of a trade) or if I should take a Kemp/Crawford/Roberts then hope I can get a pitcher back around to make my pitching dominant

Ok so I made a trade and I have the 1st pick then the 17th pick of the draft along with the snake turn at 20 and 21.

Who do you take...

B. Roberts C. Granderson

C. Crawford S. Victorino

C. Davis G. Soto

Y. Gallardo J. Ellsbury

M. Kemp J. Nathan

V. Wells C. Zambrano

G. Atkins J. Shields

C. Jones J. Chamberlain

H. Pence E. Santana

T. Tulo D. Uggla

S. Drew B. Abreu

J. Dye J. Soria

So these are the top players avaliable that I'm thinking will be taken within the top 25 picks and I get four of them... as you can see after all the keepers were announced that ALOT of pitchers have been taken with every team keeping at least two starters... I am tempted to take Crawford Kemp Davis or Roberts, but with 21 starters kept and two teams only keeping 1 starter I am thinking of taking Gallardo because I would like to have a dominant pitching staff and there arent many others to be taken then take maybe a Wells or Abreu and hopefully Uggla and another starter or Soto if he is available... so what do you guys think... sorry for the length...

Leave a link and I will answer

Of those guys remaining, I would look for Gallardo, Kemp, Crawford, Granderson, C. Davis, Shields

I'v egot my eye of Gallardo for sure and am having the keeper dilemma regarding Kemp

Gotcha guys... sorry I tried to go in depth of the situation... Basically I have the first pick of the draft(snake style) then I have one in the middle of the second round then my regular picks at the end of the second round... The list of players I gave at the top are the best available 24 players in my eyes ( so the players that will most likely go in the next 24 picks ). As you can see the pitchers are few and far between because alot of them have been kept by other teams, but there are a fair number of hitters...

So my question was.. Looking at the list of players and my players so far in my sig, should I take Gallardo and then take some batters later and who might be there, or should I take Kemp, Crawford, Davis or Roberts and suck it up and not take Gallardo, and settle for maybe a Bedard or Nolasco at the start of the third round

Gallardo is going to be a stud this year if he stays healthy, same with Kemp. Crawford also shoudl have a bounce back year. I'd go with Gallardo, Kemp/Crawford and Ervin Santana (Yes he has a hurt elbow, but he should be fine when hes healed and will continue what he started last year) If you dont wan't Santana then go with Nathan or Soria as both are elite closers or you can nab Roberts

I would go with Matt Kemp or Gallardo depending if you need pitching or hitting...Gallardo has a ton of upside and we didn't get to see what he is capable of because of that freak injury last year. I'm really high on Gallardo this year though so I would lean more toward him.

Archived