NBC Sports Edge Forums

Pena's trade value

I'm looking for a 3B since mine is Melvin Mora...I could also use an upgrade in the OF...I'm wondering what can I get for Pena straight up... Thanks for the help...

I have Mike Lowell as my 3B. I would trade him for Pena straight up. Obviously I don't think you could get Longoria, ARod, or David Wright. You may can get Chipper if his owner is tired of dealing with nagging injuries (but then you would be dealing with them). Michael Young would be another possibility or even a Chone Figgins type.

Not sure about your league's position eligibility requirements, but you might also target Keven Youklis.

YOukilis does have 3B/1B eleg....Would Pena for Youkilis be a fair trade?

I like Lowell, but I dont think i'll deal Pena 1x1 for him right now....I offered Pena/Zambrano for Miggy? Don't think that's enough to land Miggy, but I had nothing to lose...haha...Thoughts??

YOukilis does have 3B/1B eleg....Would Pena for Youkilis be a fair trade?

I like Lowell, but I dont think i'll deal Pena 1x1 for him right now....I offered Pena/Zambrano for Miggy? Don't think that's enough to land Miggy, but I had nothing to lose...haha...Thoughts??

does your league penalize Ks for hitters? If so, that hurts Pena's value obviously. I don't know if I would do Youklis for Pena straight up, especially with Youklis having flexibility to play both spots. I don't think what you offered is enough to land Miggy, but really like Miggy alot.

does your league penalize Ks for hitters? If so, that hurts Pena's value obviously. I don't know if I would do Youklis for Pena straight up, especially with Youklis having flexibility to play both spots. I don't think what you offered is enough to land Miggy, but really like Miggy alot.

The only CAT that Pena affects neg is AVG....thats about it....

PD - I also like miggy a lot...LOL

Pena + some random 3B on the WW is going to be better than Youk + some random 1B on the WW. The deal, 1-for-1 is perfectly fine, but I would hold onto Pena; he's quietly made a name for himself as a second-half performer the last several years. As good as he's been so far (AVG excluded), historically he gets better after the AS-Break.

Mora shouldn't be rostered, probably. Not with guys like Aybar or Andy LaRoche or whoever is hot at the moment on the WW.

Pena + some random 3B on the WW is going to be better than Youk + some random 1B on the WW. The deal, 1-for-1 is perfectly fine, but I would hold onto Pena; he's quietly made a name for himself as a second-half performer the last several years. As good as he's been so far (AVG excluded), historically he gets better after the AS-Break.

Mora shouldn't be rostered, probably. Not with guys like Aybar or Andy LaRoche or whoever is hot at the moment on the WW.

Not even Aybar is available in my league...hahaa...i know, it sucks...thnaks for the input...

Any other trade ideas??

Archived