NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vince Young 2009

Br0kenB

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my opinion, I think the Titans would be stupid for not having at the very least a vince young package.

I think he should at least see the field a little bit this year

Short yardage with the option consisting of VY and Chris Johnson would be SCARY!! Being in a market that often gets Titans games as our "home" team I have to say I can't see why the Titans would ever hand it to Lendale on a 3rd and more than 1/2 yard when this option is out there. A mix of the wildcat and the Kordell Stewart/Slash role come to mind here.

Has anybody heard anything about this report??

Denver plans on trading Marshall to WR starving Tennessee for QB Vince Young. The Broncos are still impressed with his winning ways and arm. Keep a lookout on this possible trade

Impressed w/his arm??

Strange...

Denver plans on trading Marshall to WR starving Tennessee for QB Vince Young. The Broncos are still impressed with his winning ways and arm. Keep a lookout on this possible trade

Impressed w/his arm??

Strange...

This is the first I have heard about that. I think Denver would be crazy to do that str8 up but it would make about as much sense as the rest of there offseason.

Impressed w/his arm??

Strange...

Not sure where this came from, but I doubt the Titans' brass feels "WR starved" after signing up Nate Washington to a nice deal and spending their 1st round pick on a WR this off-season... Not to mention Jared Cook in the 3rd round. Whoever started this rumor sounds like a typical depressed tool craving attention. This makes zero sense for both teams, especially the Broncos.

Not sure where this came from, but I doubt the Titans' brass feels "WR starved" after signing up Nate Washington to a nice deal and spending their 1st round pick on a WR this off-season... Not to mention Jared Cook in the 3rd round. Whoever started this rumor sounds like a typical depressed tool craving attention. This makes zero sense for both teams, especially the Broncos.

It would make a ton of sense for TEN. I just don't see how a straight up swap of the two would have ever been discussed out of DEN.

It would make a ton of sense for TEN. I just don't see how a straight up swap of the two would have ever been discussed out of DEN.

That would be absolutely horrible for Denver. If they manage to turn Cutler-Marshall into Young-few draft picks in less than a year, they'd have to be the laughingstock of the league.

• 4 weeks later...
Pretty good? I'd say below average by most standards. Fits that team? He's a medium fit at best. Heimerdinger wants a mobile QB like he had with Elway or with McNair. When Heimerdinger had Pennington and Fiedler in NY, they both got killed and 'Dinger was run out of town.

They have to change everything they do with Collins. He fits because they fit the offense to him. If he's what they want in that offense, then why did they want Vince Young? I mean, whether you like Young or not, he wasn't ever going to play anything like Kerry Collins. There were plenty of pocket passers available like Leinart or Cutler.

You can tell that I am a Vince Young supporter from my screenname. I think the offensive fit argument is a bunk one. 'Dinger likes bootleg quarterbacks. That is, line up in a running formation and then have the QB run outside the pocket and throw.

That is different than the kind of mobile quarterback Vince Young is. Vince is a mobile quarterback from the spread offense. That is mobility based out of passing formations and derived from spreading defenses out.

Also, like Nate Washington said when he transferred from Pittsburgh, Tennessee's passing attack is based off of timing. Vince is an excellent improvisational quarterback, but that skill set is not useful on plays where it is 3, 5, 7 step drop and unload to a designated spot on the field.

Also, Collins is a better fit because he is ultra safe with the ball. Tennesse likes to run ball control and had the D to allow them to do that. CJ got the lead and then LenDale and the dominant defense took care of the clock. I think losing Haynesworth this year will put Collins' offensive skill set to the test. He won't have the luxury of as dominant a defense that can keep points off the board (when they had the best defensive tackle in the game) and will actually have to generate points, not just avoid turnovers. Don't be surprised if CJ sees a lot more playing time, LenDale disappears, and Collins starts to suck when the onus is put on him playing from behind in the fourth quarter.

Vince would be an awesome fit in a zone-blocking, spread offense like Denver or Houston. It'd be awesome if had a decent WR to throw to as well. Heck, even if he stayed in Tennessee and had CJ with him instead of Lendale back when he was starting he'd be a million times better than he was. Vince Young won lots of football games for Tennessee without a whole lot else going on for that team. No CJ, Haynesworth was out for a lot of his rookie season, and not a single receiver. Don't forget that.

• 2 months later...
Guest ciderjack6

Rostered him.

Rushing QBs are always underrated fantasy options.

In the 2nd half of 2007 his passing yards + rushing yards equated to 283.4 passing yards per game.

This stretch also included a 62.8 comp% and a 7.3 ypa. He's shown some flashes...

Rostered him.

Rushing QBs are always underrated fantasy options.

In the 2nd half of 2007 his passing yards + rushing yards equated to 283.4 passing yards per game.

This stretch also included a 62.8 comp% and a 7.3 ypa. He's shown some flashes...

VY has always been an interesting talent and as already mentioned, he wins end of story. He has had his share of personal problems. Hopefully they're behind him now, and he can focus on playing football. It kind of feels like the pressure has been taken off of him to be a franchise QB since a lot of people probably jumped off the VY bandwagon. We'll know Sunday when he plays the Jags. If there's any D that VY can put up good numbers against, it should be the Jags who have struggled on D.

Who knows. maybe VY can turn around Tenn. Maybe lead them to 10 straight wins kinda what like Collins did for them last year. All i know is, Vince Young will not be on any of my fantasty teams anytime soon.

• Root Admin
Who knows. maybe VY can turn around Tenn. Maybe lead them to 10 straight wins kinda what like Collins did for them last year. All i know is, Vince Young will not be on any of my fantasty teams anytime soon.

Young isn't really much of a fantasy consideration except in very deep leagues or 2 QB leagues. Titans won't throw it very much and he'll likely throw his share of interceptions. I hope he does well and he could provide some production on the ground, but a lot of his performances will be sub 200 yards stuff....

• Root Admin
Does this help or hurt Kenny Britt? He's 11% owned right now and torched the jags earlier this year.

I don't think Britt was much of a fantasy consideration before and I don't think this changes anything. Maybe Young feels a little more comfortable with Britt b/c they were both 2nd team, but I doubt it helps his production very much if at all.....

With Carson Palmer on a bye....Chad Henne was my only other QB in my Dynasty league. S o i took a chance and picked up and started Vince Young.

Looks great so far! making good decisions, throwing the ball with accuracy, and running well. So far my gamble is paying off, and this being a dynasty league i have the rights to Vince for at least 3 more years.

Guest ciderjack6

Anyone watching these Titans games?

Why is he looking so good? Are they running every passing play out of the shotgun?

so far..

27 for 37

297 yds

72.9%

8.0 ypa

1 TD

0 INT

not the VY we are used to seeing

• Root Admin
Anyone watching these Titans games?

Why is he looking so good? Are they running every passing play out of the shotgun?

so far..

27 for 37

297 yds

72.9%

8.0 ypa

1 TD

0 INT

not the VY we are used to seeing

Watched the entire game today and he's just improved his decision making a little. You can really tell that he's making ball security his primary concern even while running. He had a couple of throws that could have gotten picked but what was encouraging was that he went downfield with at least 5 throws today. He connected on two of them to Gage (1 he made an outstanding leaping catch). They aren't asking him to do a ton, but his confidence is growing and you could see on a few plays that he really felt good. CJ is the star of that team right now and it's helping Young re-emerge. Buffalo will be tough next week, but I expect CJ and Fatdale to run for about 250 yards.....

Archived