NBC Sports Edge Forums

dealing Escobar for Peralta

ssmarsh

My SS slot is currently filled with Omar Vizquel while Punto is on the DL. Either way, it's not filled very well. I have the opportunity to trade Kelvim Escobar (and some fillers) to a team rebuilding for next year and could net Jhonny Peralta, Koji Uehara and David Aardsma. Would it be worth it in AL only?

Thanks, guys. I'm thinking of proposing the following:

give - SP Escobar ($6), SS Punto ($1) and RP Baez ($0)

get - SP Uehara ($5), SS Peralta ($10) and RP Aardsma ($0)

Peralta is at the end of his contract and can't be kept. $0 players can't be kept either. I know the other owner really likes Escobar as a potential keeper so there's a good chance this offer gets accepted. Any more thoughts?

Well, I floated the offer and he countered with one slight change. The deal would now be:

give - SP Escobar ($6), SS Punto ($1) and RP Ray ($12)

I'd be a fool not to accept that, right?

Well, I floated the offer and he countered with one slight change. The deal would now be:

give - SP Escobar ($6), SS Punto ($1) and RP Ray ($12)

I'd be a fool not to accept that, right?

Yes you have to take that, I'd rather have Peralta at $10 for next year than Escobar at $6 anyways. Uehara at $5 is a steal compared to punto at $1 and Aardsma over Ray is simple. I really dont know why the other owner is making that trade. Escobar is still a major injury risk.

Yes you have to take that, I'd rather have Peralta at $10 for next year than Escobar at $6 anyways. Uehara at $5 is a steal compared to punto at $1 and Aardsma over Ray is simple. I really dont know why the other owner is making that trade. Escobar is still a major injury risk.

He's dumping and I'm playing for this year. Peralta is in the final year of his contract and can't be kept next year. I'm gonna pull the trigger. Thanks guys.

Archived