NBC Sports Edge Forums

which SP's to start in AL only

ssmarsh

Four of my six SP slots are set for the upcoming week with Greinke, Felix, Pavano and Vargas, but I have two open SP spots to fill out of the following matchups:

Scott Richmond @ Texas (Holland)

Derek Holland vs Toronto (Richmond)

Tim Wakefield vs Yankees (Wang)

Koji Uehara vs Seattle (Olson)

I'm leaning one way, but I'd love to hear opinions on which two you guys would start and why.

Four of my six SP slots are set for the upcoming week with Greinke, Felix, Pavano and Vargas, but I have two open SP spots to fill out of the following matchups:

I'm leaning one way, but I'd love to hear opinions on which two you guys would start and why.

I'd think Uehara is your best bet. He is probably the 2nd best pitcher (Richmond is putting up the best numbers) of the group and has the easiest matchup.

Wakefield should be one forsure. With the exception of one bad start he has been super consistent and always gets up for a big game. Wang is no sure thing against a Boston lineup and is bound to blow up. I would stay away from the big bats of Texas. Richmond has not loked good in his last few outings and neither has Holland. I guess that means it is up to Uehara.

Wakefield and Uehara are my two picks.

Uehara is the no-brainer choice. I think he'll be quite serviceable even in mixed leagues, so he's an AL-only asset for sure.

The last one is tough - I'd actually be tempted to go with Holland, because he made the Jays look absolutely silly - they had no answer for him when he pitched at Skydome. Plus, the Yankees are a very patient team, so if Wakefield isn't knuckling, it could get real ugly real soon.

If you want to go gamble, go with Holland. If you want safe, go with Wakefield. Either way, Uehara is the choice for the 1st spot, your only dilemna is the second spot.

Uehara and Holland...Wakefield is a pretty much like playing blackjack(you never know what you're gonna get)..except in this case the house is the Yankees and his last 3 years against them have not been very good(...2-5 in 10 starts with a 6.67 era

Great stuff, guys. Uehara was my one given and I think Wake could be the lesser of the other evils. I try to stay away from SP's in Texas and Holland hasn't really impressed me during his starts (plus his ERA is 9+ at home).

Uehara and Wake it is!

Archived