NBC Sports Edge Forums

Shawn Marion 2009-2010

gsw

i donno, i dont think noah will be monstrous like that. His boards might be consistent, but his points and ft%, not so much

That's only two categories and he doesnt kill you in FT because he doesn't take many..you play him because of his crazy rebounds and hustle category stats..he is putting up Camby type lines..any ways, back to Marion..lets face it , he is a 13-14 ppg man now with 6-7 boards..nowhere near where he was drafted..adios!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea I agree, I'm a Mav's fan and watch every game and it is brutal how Marion refuses to take it strong to the rack. He catches passes from Kidd either on the move through the lane or 6-8 ft. away from the basket with his back turned and just flicks the ball up without attempting a drive or even a legit post move. I'm thinking he's gonna average 14 pts 8 rbs 1 ast 1.5 st 1 blck per game at best. His line tonight was 11 pts 9 rbs 0 ast 2 st o blck in part because he got into foul trouble very early in the 3rd and only finished the game with 27 mins, but the mavs just don't focus enough offense through him. With legit scorers in Dirk, Jet, J-Ho and Kidd chipping in every now and then I'm not sure where he fits in offensivily. With that said I think he will be a great real life pickup because of his defense, athleticism, rebounding and all around energy, but those of us (myself included) hoping for somewhat of a fantasy resurgence may end up dissapointed. I have been offered David West for him straight up in my 12 team league and am strongly considering it although I'm not sure I can afford to lose Marion's hustle category's and the fact that West has looked awful thus far does concern me.

I offered him for Noah and get declined..going after either thompson or Marc Gasol now..rather have either one, leaning towards Thompson..Marion is just washed up, or maybe not that as much as just not being in the right position to put up Matrix numbers..the Mavs offense obvioulsy still goes through dirk, which means slow it down, back people in and either shoot a fade away or kick it out for a trey...nowhere does this offense include marion, he has to literally get all his numbers by put backs and fast breaks, which leads to mediocre numbers..

Marion's game is better when a team doesn't have him as a main focus on offense and where he just gets to run wild. He doesn't need set plays. He has no real post up game, not many people do. I thought he was going to be better, but I also think the team is still trying to figure itself out with Howard back now. I think Marion will be alright. It would be better if Kidd could be a better scorer as the key would open up more for Marion to slice thru. Defensively I think he'll be fine. The rebounds are down a little bit, but I think mainly because Dampier is going crazy. Can Dampier keep this up or is this a fluke? Dampier is in a contract year, and he's done this before for a year to get the contract and then get comfortable again not playing hard.

This low ceiling bull just drives me nuts. The only bright spots have been the OREB and BLKs. I can't be too mad because I did get him in the 8th round but can't believe I passed on guys like Jeff Green and Jason Thompson. I'd love to deal him for some of the people listed above, but Shawn has no value right now. Everyone knows hes washed up. I'm just gonna hold him for now and hope he catches fire at some point so I can deal him. Hes one of the few guys in my lineup that is really pissing me off this year.

From the games I have seen, I wish they would run the pick and roll with him and Kidd more(...but they usually do it with Dirk, which you can't blame them...), but every time I have seen the spread the court and run it with Marion/Kidd it literally has resulted in a layup/dunk...also take note that Josh Howard did re aggravate his ankle injury a bit, and will most likely have injury concerns most of the year

I think I could get Jeff Green for him as I live in Dallas and play in a 12 team league full of Mavs fans. Do I pull the trigger or wait it out in hopes that he gets a little more comfortable in the offense and starts to produce at a higher clip. I still have to think that he could finish higher than Green on the player rater if only because of his blocks and steals, although as of now Green has been producing in those category's.

Just flipped Marion for JT ( Jason Thompson that is)..JT has been just as good or better than Marion since March of last year..and the kid obviously has more upside this year being the #2 option or so in Sactown..kid is even dropping dimes now! i just dont see how Marion gets any better than what he has shown so far this year...by the way i got denied for Noah, was thinking of Marc Gasol , but after that stinker in Houston i decided to go after JT..rolling the dice , but i just couldnt take anymore of these mediocre lines out of Marion..

Hidden
Marion didn't start the second half of tonight's game because he tweaked his ankle in the first half. Didn't look like a big deal, I doubt he will miss any time.

im' trying to trade him away

he's the biggest pussy when it comes to injuries

Hidden
I thought he did it on the first shot of the game that he took, which was like 20 seconds into the game, and then continued to play most of the half...

it wasn't even a severe ankle sprain

i'm guessing that since dallas made a huge run at the end of the 2nd qtr that they decided to give marion the rest of the night off.

either way i'm going to be looking to trade him while i still can

Hidden
The update is this: He is a BUM! Borderline droppable this year.

Game time update: He just got blocked by Hansbrough!! This dude is washed up and im glad i moved him for Jason thompson a week or so ago..thank god!

Archived