NBC Sports Edge Forums

Shawn Marion 2009-2010

gsw

Cant say I agree with that. Nash couldnt guard an antelope, aardvark, fruit fly, locust or any other type of invasive species.

Fair enough

He became fantasy elite with Nash. His FG% jumped through the roof then because Nash creates unlike Kidd and StarBury.

Say it with me "I have never seen a better ball-player in the current NBA than Steve Nash. Never"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow is Marion this worthless? he was just dropped in my 12 team H2H league and I can't justify using my #3 waiver on him to drop Juwan Howard for him. It can't be that bad, I think it worth it to use it, but I keep looking at the numbers and it just looks ugly.

I was as big of a Marion supporter as anyone else, but gosh it just bad, real bad.

Dude has lost some athletic ability and never was really a skilled scorer. Players with limited skill sets (posting, outside shooting etc.) really tend to fall off of a cliff when the athletic ability starts to dissipate. See Allen Iverson for evidence. I was a as big of a preseason Marion hater as any, though I thought that the pairing with Kidd would be at least be fruitful to some degree, I have been proven wrong. He is pretty much a borderline waiver wire player comparable with a guy like AK-47.

Wow is Marion this worthless? he was just dropped in my 12 team H2H league and I can't justify using my #3 waiver on him to drop Juwan Howard for him. It can't be that bad, I think it worth it to use it, but I keep looking at the numbers and it just looks ugly.

I was as big of a Marion supporter as anyone else, but gosh it just bad, real bad.

I agree he not the scorer he was in the past, but the fact that he doesn't shoot any 3's at all now and hasn't pretty much in 3 years. To go along with his steals at just 1 a game instead of the elite steal guy he used to be and add insult to his terrible line is his rebounding has dropped off a cliff.

I'm sure someone will pick him up it just ain't going to be me, and it pains me to let him go for almost free. My best hope is that one of the 2 teams with a higher waiver claims him so I can't even have a 2nd thought saying I missed on what I shouldn't.

I can't believe I'm keeping Howard over him.

Yeah im in a bit of a Matrix dilemma myself. I own Josh Smith, Caron Butler, Tyrus Thomas, Mike Beasley, and Yi Jianlian, all players I view as more valuable then Marion this year. So since hes become expendable to my team, is he worth dropping for nothing. I have my eyes on Mike Miller since I lack in 3's but it pains me to just drop him, since i used a 6th rounder on him, and have loved the Matrix for quite sometime (love the unselfish athletes that just try to fill in the holes of a team). Do you Matrix fans see him as more valuable then a Gilbert Arenas-less Mike Miller? Please add your insight, b/c im sure I have to make this move in the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...

I could be off on this, but didnt Marion used to hit a lot of 3's? Ive never owned him, and frankly whenever I watched him play I tended to shield my eyes when he would shoot because his mechanics are so ugly that they could have the power to blind you, but I swear he used to fill it up from behind the arch.

I was watching the Mavs the other night, and after Marion missed a 3, the announcer said that he still hasnt made one all season! How is that possible?

I could be off on this, but didnt Marion used to hit a lot of 3's? Ive never owned him, and frankly whenever I watched him play I tended to shield my eyes when he would shoot because his mechanics are so ugly that they could have the power to blind you, but I swear he used to fill it up from behind the arch.

I was watching the Mavs the other night, and after Marion missed a 3, the announcer said that he still hasnt made one all season! How is that possible?

Sure, look at his career stats. He hit them as a Sun, but that was the wonder of the Suns. Bell was never a three point marksman, but he went to PHX and became a single-cat stud in threes.

Marion's still a seventh-round value by BBM. His numbers aren't flashy (they never have been), but decent across-the-board production with low TOs is still a solid formula. His numbers are definitely roster-worthy, it's just that the name attached to them has people expecting more, so they're frustrated. Unless your league's waiver wire is full of seventh-round values (or even top-100 players), Marion definitely has value.

• 3 weeks later...

Where the hell are the defensive stats? Besides one game against the Warriors (always a fluke) in which he went for 1 steal and 2 blocks, it was 12/27 since this bum last got more than 2 combined steals and blocks. I was optimistic that the defensive stats would be there even when he put up piss-poor PTS/3PM/REB, but it's like this guy has been replaced with Udonis Haslem.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, I must have partied in a hot tub time machine over the weekend...is it 2005?

I just noticed that I am playing against Marion this week

He's been good with Haywood out...too bad for Marion owners, I think he'll go back to being an average player when the big man returns.

dude... i'm desperate, and i'll take anything from marion whenever i can get it B)

but yeah this guy has dropped off a cliff and been a low option fantasy player for the last 2 or 3 years. as of now, i'm only expecting from marion:

12 pts, 6 rebs, 1 steal OR block, and 50% FG with 75% FT

that's a pathetic line, i think i'm only hanging on because of his prior glory (sigh).

Archived