NBC Sports Edge Forums

MBS4's Rotoworld Dynasty

19 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Hello guys. As the COVID lottery has already started, I noted we don't have any IR spots in this league. Would it be a good plan to add 2 IR spots for the 2020 season?

I’ve thought about adding an IR spot but I’m not sure how helpful it would be. If you have a player out with COVID, it’s unlikely you’ll be able to pick up a player that is worth starting but it is possible if their backup is on the wire. I’d be interested to hear other people’s opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

everyone has gathered... shhhhhhhhh

I'm good for yahoo, but can't remember who it was that had an issue moving. Also, 2 years in a row now Kanter has higher picks not because of his team being bad, but because he doesn't set line up

Its like a sighting of big foot, very rare to see Roeth on line, lol

1 hour ago, mbs4 said:

I’ve thought about adding an IR spot but I’m not sure how helpful it would be. If you have a player out with COVID, it’s unlikely you’ll be able to pick up a player that is worth starting but it is possible if their backup is on the wire. I’d be interested to hear other people’s opinions. 

I’m holding off in the Rotoworld Mock League to see if yahoo does something or the NFL cancels the season before kickoff. 

This is dynasty though so I guess its a bit different.  

14 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

I’m holding off in the Rotoworld Mock League to see if yahoo does something or the NFL cancels the season before kickoff. 

This is dynasty though so I guess its a bit different.  

I don’t really expect yahoo to do anything but the season could definitely be canceled or postponed. That’s a good point. We’ll see where things stand at the beginning of September. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just moments ago I informed your Commissioner that I will accepting management of the team formerly known as the "Creamy Steelers" (soon to be renamed).  I am sorry that this team had not been setting legal lineups for what looks like a while and I know that some of you will be prejudiced by me actually setting a lineup.  The good news for you is that I am easily fleeced in trades so your fortunes are all looking up.

I see there are three days to the trade deadline.  I will be active this week in trying to retool this team.  Watch this space.

I recognize many names in this league.  Others, I'm looking forward to meeting.  

• Like 2

Update:

I'm looking to shake this team up and will be placing all of the following players on the trading block for discussion.  

QB Andy Dalton
RB David Johnson, Mark Ingram
WR Robert Woods, Sterling Shepard, John Ross, Randall Cobb, Tre'Quan Smith, Brandin Cooks

I'd be looking for picks and/or players.  This team is a bit WR-heavy.

PM me if interested.  Do not email me through Yahoo; I almost never check that email account.

In my first game at the helm, I was a six-point favorite and will lose by at least 40.  Ten of my 11 starters were below their projections.  My 2 RB, 3 WR, TE and Flex (that's seven players) combined for fewer than 40 points total.

Oh yes, this is a sharp outfit you're up against.

• 2 weeks later...

All: apologies for having to start Taylor at RB today.  He wasn't ruled out until Saturday so it isn't a rule violation but obviously I'd prefer not to take a zero.  Unfortunately my other RBs are all injured or on the (perpetual it seems) COVID list.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't seem to create a new topic on the yahoo message board right now but just a reminder that free agents will be locked starting this weekend until the rookie draft so pick up anyone you want to carry into the offseason this week.

• 4 months later...

Here's what I have for the draft order. Can you guys check it and double check it, I've made mistakes in the past.

Round 1
El Iguanodon
SouthernSteeler
Need Some Wood? (penalty)
El Iguanodon (from Sexy Sacks Man)
Brady's Forte (penalty)
Pack Attack
IronCocks
DerrickHenryCleats
El Iguanodon (from Unemployed Sofa Kings)
Grey Ghost of Gouda
Need Some Wood? (from Bao Dynasty Warriors)
Little Giants

Round 2
El Iguanodon
SouthernSteeler
Need Some Wood?
El Iguanodon (from Sexy Sacks Man)
Bao Dynasty Warriors (from Brady's Forte)
Pack Attack
IronCocks
Bao Dynasty Warriors (from DerrickHenryCleats)
El Iguanodon (from Unemployed Sofa Kings)
Grey Ghost of Gouda
Bao Dynasty Warriors
Bao Dynasty Warriors (from Little Giants)

Round 3
El Iguanodon
Need Some Wood? (from SouthernSteeler)
Need Some Wood?
Sexy Sacks Man
Brady's Forte
Pack Attack
IronCocks
DerrickHenryCleats
Unemployed Sofa Kings
Grey Ghost of Gouda
Bao Dynasty Warriors
Little Giants

Round 4
El Iguanodon
SouthernSteeler
Bao Dynasty Warriors (from Need Some Wood?)
Sexy Sacks Man
Brady's Forte
Pack Attack
IronCocks
DerrickHenryCleats
Unemployed Sofa Kings
Grey Ghost of Gouda
Bao Dynasty Warriors
Little Giants

• Thanks 1

I'm in.

giphy.gif

I seem to have suspiciously few 1st round picks, but I'm sure you're going to blame that on myself ;)
Seriously though, it looks good, and picks #17, #20, #23 and #24 are historically among the best (well-known fact), so here we go baby!

• Like 1