NBC Sports Edge Forums

Blackhawks ink Hossa to 12-year deal.

Br0kenB

• 2 weeks later...

thankfully all of the players esp versteeg resigned, but what a boneheaded move by dale tallon....i dont think he should get fired over it but who knows it could be the excuse the front office has been waiting for

thankfully all of the players esp versteeg resigned, but what a boneheaded move by dale tallon....i dont think he should get fired over it but who knows it could be the excuse the front office has been waiting for

lol, there you go

Good call on that one. B)

on the chicago radio yesterday they were discussing how the recent deals have made it near impossible for new gm stan bowman to find a way to sign all three of the big 3 (kane, toews, and keith) next season....i really hope campbell has a big first half and then the blackhawks can find someone to take on his contract

but for this season-> is there any FA still out there that is a power defender that the blackhawks may sign? i think if the blackhawks could find a power defenseman now or at some point during the season they would have a legitimate chance at the cup

on the chicago radio yesterday they were discussing how the recent deals have made it near impossible for new gm stan bowman to find a way to sign all three of the big 3 (kane, toews, and keith) next season....i really hope campbell has a big first half and then the blackhawks can find someone to take on his contract

but for this season-> is there any FA still out there that is a power defender that the blackhawks may sign? i think if the blackhawks could find a power defenseman now or at some point during the season they would have a legitimate chance at the cup

Idk...but I am with you on Campbell. That guy is terrible and a complete liability defensively.

Just sifted through the free agents still left and I don't really see much that i know anything about. I know I had eyeballed Mike Komisarek as unrestricted while the playoffs were still going on but it looks like he resigned with the Leaves.

could we possibly see an 90-100 point season from Mr. Kane if Hossa is on his line full-time? and/or Toews?

It will be interesting to say the least how Quenny sets up the lines. I think Toews, Byfuglien, and Hossa one the top line and then Kane, Sharp, and Versteeg on a second line would be best. You would have one extremely fast line with tons of puck handling skill between Kane and Versteeg and then Sharp with the shot and nose for the puck. Then Byfuglien is pretty skilled for a big man and can get aggressive and clear some space to let Toews and Hossa do what they do. Toews spent a lot of time doing dirty work last season in front of the net and such, and I think he is better suited making plays and let Byfuglien do that dirty work on the doorstep, not to mention Hossa who knows how to finish. But we will see how it pans out...I look far Kane's assists numbers to make a good rise if he can stay healthy.

Well looks like Hossa is out till November... it'll be interesting to see who they use to replace Hossa.

I will be interested to see how well Hossa gels with the kids upon his arrival. With limited ice time from now until November, it would be rather impressive if he can just waltz out on the ice and act like he has been playing with these kids for the last several years. But hopefully the Hawks will be able to stay tight and make that playoff run and Hossa will have gelled by then.

I feel a good year coming for Byfuglien, I really think Quenneville found the best use of him during the playoff run and I look for that to continue. He has very underrated skills that he hasn't gotten to show off until last year in the playoffs, that with a big shot from the point from a converted defensemen on the PP possibly (the 4 forwards on the PP seem to work well last year for the hawks), and Byfuglien's size allowing him to clear space but not be a total dud offensively like most other space clearers that have played alongside Kane, Toews, and Sharp. It isn't very often I see Byfuglien in a board battle where he doesn't complete dominate control of the puck.

Archived