NBC Sports Edge Forums

worth going after Kazmir

ssmarsh

I'm trying to add another upper tier SP for the stretch run and even though I know he's had it rough this year, Kazmir has pitched well since coming off the DL and I'm pretty sure I could acquire him. Is it worth going after him?

I am the unofficial leader of the "Down with Scott Kazmir" club. I will, however, admit that his value is better in an AL-only. I would say try, but don't overpay. A lot of five inning appearances aren't the most help.

I'm trying to add another upper tier SP for the stretch run and even though I know he's had it rough this year, Kazmir has pitched well since coming off the DL and I'm pretty sure I could acquire him. Is it worth going after him?

Of course it is. You are going to get Kazmir well under value right now with his past troubles in the season and just coming off of the injury. In an AL Only league you obviously should be playing the upside.

I will, however, admit that his value is better in an AL-only. I would say try, but don't overpay. A lot of five inning appearances aren't the most help.

The owner that has Kazmir is in last place and is dumping to load up on keepers for next year. I could probably land Kazmir for Brandon Inge and a marginal pitcher (perhaps Uehara). I'd want him to throw in a bat to cover the loss of Inge and I think he'd part with Hideki Matsui. Thoughts?

If you are comfortable going forward with your catchers, then absolutely. That would be a good deal.

Archived