NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bold Predictions 2009

Br0kenB

Calvin Johnson is the #1 Fantasy WR

A consensus top 5 receiver being the #1 point getter is far from bold...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dallas' OL age catches up to them, and their troika of RBs combine for only 1600 rushing yards.

Top fantasy WR: Marques Colston

Julius Jones outscores every other RB named "Jones."

Fantasy teams that draft Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, and/or Ryan Grant cruise to the playoffs, then crash and burn as the Packers' Wk 14-16 schedule (@CHI, @PIT, SEA) is played against tough defenses in terrible weather.

Waiver-wire all-star: Danny Ware earns the Giants' #2 RB spot ahead of Ahmad Bradshaw, produces 1050 combined Ru/Rec yds and 8 TDs.

Ben Roethlisberger: 29 TDs.

I don't know why even the so-called "experts" are sleeping on this guy. #1 WR on a great offense who put up 2 very good years but missed 5 games last year with a thumb (not knee) injury and put up good numbers when he returned. Yet a lot of sites have him in the 12 range for WRs. Crazy.

Love this pick. Even if he's not #1, he could easily finish top 5. Just don't tell everyone so we can draft him in the 3rd round!

Colston scares me though. Brees spreads that thing around. If Colston is the #1 receiver at years end, he's going to have a lot of 200 yard / 2TD weeks but also will have 3/27 weeks.

Colston scares me though. Brees spreads that thing around. If Colston is the #1 receiver at years end, he's going to have a lot of 200 yard / 2TD weeks but also will have 3/27 weeks.

A lot of high-end receivers have weeks like those every year. Andre Johnson had a couple (inc. week 16), and so did Roddy White, Brandon Marshall, Greg Jennings, Reggie Wayne, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Wes Welker, to name a few.

If you're going to knock Colston, knock him on the fact that he's played one full season in three. I still see Colston as a top-10 receiver, and would draft him accordingly.

A lot of high-end receivers have weeks like those every year. Andre Johnson had a couple (inc. week 16), and so did Roddy White, Brandon Marshall, Greg Jennings, Reggie Wayne, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Wes Welker, to name a few.

If you're going to knock Colston, knock him on the fact that he's played one full season in three. I still see Colston as a top-10 receiver, and would draft him accordingly.

I wouldn't touch Colston after hearing about the whole microfracture surgery thing in the offseason. We'll see how he runs at training camp but that's a huge red flag for me.

Both the bold are in the front of my mind.

So it figures that I'm closer to the side of Hokie79, considering Colston won't be on the board anywhere near the point at which I feel he deserves to be ranked. Also, besides Lance Moore there are some serious developing talents there in N.O.

I can't see Colston as worth the risk.

Hence, that's what makes the prediction bold, even tho Colston is an elite talent when healthy.

Steve Smith (NYG) assumes the Housh/Welker role to Hixons Ocho/Moss type role and catches 90+ passes and 10+ TDs. Hixon is supplanted mid-season by Mario Manningham.

Darren McFadden becomes a top 10 RB in PPRs.

Jay Cutler becomes a top 5 QB in Chicago, Earl Bennett becomes a top 15 WR, and Greg Olsen becomes a top 5 TE.

The 49ers have the #1 ranked D.

Reggie Bush gains 1000 yards on the ground, with 50+ catches and 10+ TDs. Mark it 8, dude.

Pierre Thomas finishes HIGHER than yahoo has him ranked (24 WTF)

Houston Defense ranks top 3 at the end of the season

AP does not end up top 10 in points next season (assuming he DOES play all 16 games)

Owen Daniels ranks #1 next season for all Tight Ends

Braylon Edwards is a top 5 WR

Larry Johnson ends up being a top 5 RB

Steve Smith (NYG) assumes the Housh/Welker role to Hixons Ocho/Moss type role and catches 90+ passes and 10+ TDs. Hixon is supplanted mid-season by Mario Manningham.

Darren McFadden becomes a top 10 RB in PPRs.

Jay Cutler becomes a top 5 QB in Chicago, Earl Bennett becomes a top 15 WR, and Greg Olsen becomes a top 5 TE.

The 49ers have the #1 ranked D.

Reggie Bush gains 1000 yards on the ground, with 50+ catches and 10+ TDs. Mark it 8, dude.

No Hakeem Nicks?

No Hakeem Nicks?

OK, the Giants WR prediction:

Hixon and Smith keep their starting jobs all season. In 3-wide situations, Nicks comes on at flanker and Smith moves to the slot. But there are a fair number of special formations and plays that utilize Nicks and Manningham in place of the starters. (The latter being involved only when the roster math allows them to activate 5 WRs. Otherwise, Tyree is the 4th WR ahead of Mario based on his special teams contributions.)

Just like last year, Smith leads the team in catches (with about 70), Hixon leads the team in yards (1200), and Boss leads the team in receiving TDs (9). Nicks gets 32-370-3.

A consensus top 5 receiver being the #1 point getter is far from bold...

Calvin Johnson is the #1 Fantasy WR, 3rd ever to top 20 TDs, Stafford throws him 15 of those, in the last 6 games.

is what I meant to type...

Cedric Benson runs for 2000 yards, 16 TDS B)

Wayne gets 15 Receiving TDS

Harvin scores on a punt return, kick return, throws a td, gets a rushing td, and gets 6 receiving tds this year.

Chad Johnson scores a TD, does the moonwalk in honor of Michael Jackson

Beanie Wells scores 15 Rushing/Receving Tds and is R.O.Y.

Harvin scores on a punt return, kick return, throws a td, gets a rushing td, and gets 6 receiving tds this year.

Well looks like Im gong to the championship game, with that combo of Benson and Beanie there is no way Im not going all the way :) Also nice one on the 85 prediction I see that as very likely to happen, or at least some form of tribute to Michael.

1. Davone Bess will break 75 catches and 800 yards.

2. Chaz Schilens will score 8 touchdowns.

3. Adrian Peterson will NOT finish as a Top 5 RB.

4. Derrick Ward will.

5. Greg Olsen will be the "3rd year WR" that breaks out.

6. Rashard Mendenhall will finish as the #1 fantasy player on Pittsburgh.

7. Fred Jackson will score more fantasy points than Marshawn Lynch.

8. Ditto for Donald Brown over Joseph Addai.

9. Matt Schaub will play in all 16 games.

10. JaMarcus Russell will lose his starting job by Week 6.

11. Matt Stafford will throw for 15+ touchdowns.

12. Ray Rice will lead the Ravens in receptions.

13. Laveranues Coles will break 1,000 yards and score 9+ TDs.

14. Chad Ochocinco will break 1,000 yards and score 9+ TDs.

15. Greg Jones will score 3 touchdowns in one game.

16. Knowshon Moreno will lead the Broncos in rushing attempts, rushing yards, and rushing touchdowns.

17. Jamaal Charles will start at least 7 games.

18. Neither Eddie Royal nor Steve Breaston will match their reception total from last year.

19. LeSean McCoy will score more fantasy points than Clinton Portis, Brian Westbrook, and Marion Barber, respectively.

20. Devin Hester will finish as a Top 20 WR.

21. Deon Butler will lead the Seahawks in receiving touchdowns.

22. The Seattle Seahawks will make the NFC Championship game.

23. Steven Jackson will finish as the #1 RB.

24. Jay Cutler will finish as a Top 5 QB.

25. Greg Jennings will NOT finish as a Top 10 WR.

26. The Redskins will finish with the #1 fantasy defense.

27. The Patriots, Colts, Texans, Steelers, Chargers, and Titans will make the playoffs.

28. The Giants, Falcons, Panthers, Bears, Seahawks, and Redskins will make the playoffs.

29. The Seahawks will defeat the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

30. Half of these predictions will come true.

Oh man, I hope it's all the half about the Seahawks and not the half concerning guys I've already rostered.

Those will not happen. Beanie has the hype train around him. but he will roll right off the tracks. 'Zona is a passing team not running.

Benson will never get that many yrds and TD's in a season. he has been a bust since coming into the league.

Those will not happen. Beanie has the hype train around him. but he will roll right off the tracks. 'Zona is a passing team not running.

Benson will never get that many yrds and TD's in a season. he has been a bust since coming into the league.

Bold Predictions 2009.......

Favre will join the Vikings.

Favre will throw more interceptions than any other QB this season.

Favre will throw 6 INTs against the Packers.

2 of those will go for 6 points the other way.

Minnesota will not make the playoffs as Favre waffles once again mid-season after his 0-2 start against the Packers... it doesn't really matter what the Vikings record is against the rest of the league, not to Favre anyway.

Favre retires during the Week 9 bye because he won't be able to play against Green Bay again this season.

Favre wants to play for Detroit in 2010 because he wants to get back at Minnesota for not helping him to get back at Green Bay.

Favre is flatly denied by the lowly Lions and that, my friends, is the unremarkable end to a remarkable career.

Archived