NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bold Predictions 2009

Br0kenB

Those will not happen. Beanie has the hype train around him. but he will roll right off the tracks. 'Zona is a passing team not running.

Benson will never get that many yrds and TD's in a season. he has been a bust since coming into the league.

Considering that Hightower and James combined for 13 rushing TDs last year, I'd say it's not a bad guess if Wells becomes the bell-cow. I'm going to say that the Cardinals won't finish last in the league in rushing (attempts) again and if Wells can get it going, he's got some excellent TD upside.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Favre will join the Vikings.

Favre will throw more interceptions than any other QB this season.

Favre will throw 6 INTs against the Packers.

2 of those will go for 6 points the other way.

Minnesota will not make the playoffs as Favre waffles once again mid-season after his 0-2 start against the Packers... it doesn't really matter what the Vikings record is against the rest of the league, not to Favre anyway.

Favre retires during the Week 9 bye because he won't be able to play against Green Bay again this season.

Favre wants to play for Detroit in 2010 because he wants to get back at Minnesota for not helping him to get back at Green Bay.

Favre is flatly denied by the lowly Lions and that, my friends, is the unremarkable end to a remarkable career.

LOL agree with all of that being said.

1. Matt Forte will under perform his draft ranking and only manage 4 TDs.

2. Turner will be injured during the season and the Falcons will be out performed by the Panthers for the division title.

3. Jay Cutler will bring a lot to the table and be a threat in the NFC North.

4. Felix Jones and Barber will be sharing carries, Barber will be the goal-line back. Felix will be a good mid-round pick.

5. Arizona's miracle season was in fact a miracle and the Seahawks will regain their division title.

6. Frank Gore will score 10+ TDs and over 1,000 yards rushing.

8. Indianapolis will be out performed by Houston, Jacksonville and Tennessee.

9. Houston Texans will make a run in the playoffs.

10. If Houston makes the Super Bowl, they will win.

11. Reggie Bush will see more slot WR roles and special teams opportunities and under achieve as always.

12. Brett Favre will lose in Green Bay.

13. John Madden will wish he was still announcing.

14. Addai is over the halfway point of his career.

15. People will be upset that they decided to chose Larry Fitzgerald over Randy Moss in FF.

16. Donovan McNabb will be a quality starter for FFL.

17. A lot of my predictions are incorrect by week 3.

1. Matt Forte will under perform his draft ranking and only manage 4 TDs.

2. Turner will be injured during the season and the Falcons will be out performed by the Panthers for the division title.

3. Jay Cutler will bring a lot to the table and be a threat in the NFC North.

4. Felix Jones and Barber will be sharing carries, Barber will be the goal-line back. Felix will be a good mid-round pick.

5. Arizona's miracle season was in fact a miracle and the Seahawks will regain their division title.

6. Frank Gore will score 10+ TDs and over 1,000 yards rushing.

8. Indianapolis will be out performed by Houston, Jacksonville and Tennessee.

9. Houston Texans will make a run in the playoffs.

10. If Houston makes the Super Bowl, they will win.

11. Reggie Bush will see more slot WR roles and special teams opportunities and under achieve as always.

12. Brett Favre will lose in Green Bay.

13. John Madden will wish he was still announcing.

14. Addai is over the halfway point of his career.

15. People will be upset that they decided to chose Larry Fitzgerald over Randy Moss in FF.

16. Donovan McNabb will be a quality starter for FFL.

17. A lot of my predictions are incorrect by week 3.

OK, that one's not so bold... B)

Favre will join the Vikings.

Favre will throw more interceptions than any other QB this season.

Favre will throw 6 INTs against the Packers.

2 of those will go for 6 points the other way.

Minnesota will not make the playoffs as Favre waffles once again mid-season after his 0-2 start against the Packers... it doesn't really matter what the Vikings record is against the rest of the league, not to Favre anyway.

Favre retires during the Week 9 bye because he won't be able to play against Green Bay again this season.

Favre wants to play for Detroit in 2010 because he wants to get back at Minnesota for not helping him to get back at Green Bay.

Favre is flatly denied by the lowly Lions and that, my friends, is the unremarkable end to a remarkable career.

I'll say this, it's nice GB isn't distracted by this crap this year. When/if Favre signs, Rodges outperforms him hands down in both games and in the season.

Chris Henry (CIN WR) outperforms OchoCinco in training camp/pre-season and goes on to become Palmers #1 target, outperforming Coles. He then signs a huge contract next spring with Dallas, displacing Roy Williams, and goes on to have a hall-of-fame career, taking Dallas to 3 SBs in 6 yrs.

1. People will have wished they drafted Brian Westbroook when they are forced to play against him.

2. The Lions will win at least 1 game.

3. Tashard Choice will lead the Cowboys in running yards - while Barber will lead them in touchdowns.

4. Witten will not be as productive as last year - without T.O. in town he will receive more attention....Look for two tight end sets and Bennett to steal some of his production while Roy Williams has a better season than expected by fantasy footballers.

5. LT2 will be the #1 fantasy football player in all formats with SJAX in a close second.

6. Brandon Jacobs will have 25 or more catches.

That is a Bold statment. But Brees will outproduce Rodgers easly.

Depends on format IMO. He makes up ALOT of points in leagues that reward rushing yards/rushing TDs more heavily than passing yards/passing TDs. I think he could compete with Brees this year. Still more risk, but not sure Brees outproduces Rodgers easily...particularly since last year was so close in most formats.

QB's

David Garrard becomes a weekly starter in 12+ team leagues.

Matt Cassel almost matches last year production.

RB's

Ryan Grant returns to the form he showed in the 2nd half of '07.

Run DMC shows why he was drafted so high.

Jonathan Stewart falls just short of outproducing DeAngelo.

Justin Forsett becomes the RB to have from Seattle.

WR's

Roy Williams returns to the top 10 of WRs.

Devin Hester becomes a top 15 WR.

Torry Holt has one more good season left in him.

Joey Galloway has a 8 long TDs left in him, because everyone will forget about him with Moss & Welker around.

Josh Morgan leads the Niners in receiving.

Jordy Nelson becomes the WR2 in Green Bay.

Robert Meachem finally learns the Saint playbook and becomes the 3rd year WR to have.

Dwayne Jarrett finally gives Delhomme a 2nd target.

Demetrius Williams becomes the biggest beneficiary of Mason's retirement.

Malcolm Kelly becomes a late round steal.

TE's

John Carlson leads Seattle in receiving TDs.

Gijon Robinson gets 6+TDs.

Ben Patrick gets 5+TDs.

Those will not happen. Beanie has the hype train around him. but he will roll right off the tracks. 'Zona is a passing team not running.

So you are saying that their Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley will stick to the same plan that brought them offensive success a year ago?

(ASIDE: No help please. I want his answer.)

So you are saying that their Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley will stick to the same plan that brought them offensive success a year ago?

(ASIDE: No help please. I want his answer.)

Yes i am saying that. U don't have two Top tier WR's on your team and not throw them the ball. Warner will be tossing bombs to Fitz & Q. all season long. 'Zona is a passing team first. not running.

Depends on format IMO. He makes up ALOT of points in leagues that reward rushing yards/rushing TDs more heavily than passing yards/passing TDs. I think he could compete with Brees this year. Still more risk, but not sure Brees outproduces Rodgers easily...particularly since last year was so close in most formats.

I'd still draft Brees & Brady before Rodgers in any league. Drew & Tony are the much better QB's & options IMHO. not a big fan or beliver in Mr. Rodgers neiborhood.

Yes i am saying that. U don't have two Top tier WR's on your team and not throw them the ball. Warner will be tossing bombs to Fitz & Q. all season long. 'Zona is a passing team first. not running.

I would have thought my wording would have made you suspicious.

But no, lad you walked right into it: Todd Haley is now the Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach.

I think Russ Grimm has a bigger influence on the team's offensive schemes this year even though Mike Miller will see to it that the passing attack still thrives. I think that with Russ Grimm's influence, plus the addition of Beanie Wells and more importantly the maturation of the underrated Tim Hightower, Arizona will have a more consistent ground game.

Of course the promotion of Bill Davis to Def.Coordinator (really- that was the best you could do?) means that the Cardinals high-flying aerial assault will have to continue firing late in games. Still, I see a more balanced attack with two emerging stars contributing to a healthy ground game.

Archived