NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bold Predictions 2009

Br0kenB

A.Rodgers will be the best fantasy QB this year.

A.Johnson will remain the no.1 WR this year.

C.Johnson will lead all RB's in fantasy this year.

K.Smith (det) will be #2.

D.Brown will be the best rookie in fantasy this year.

T.Brady dissappoints.

Another famous player (T.Brady like famous) gets hurt again, all year.

Westbrook and LT will find that last year was their last great/very good fantasy year. This year will be bad for both.

L.McCoy will dissappoint, and they will consider getting another RB in next years draft.

K.Moreno will share caries and not be no.1 fantasy back.

#1 fantasy rookie receiver will be Robiskie, with Maclin close.

Crabtree will be considered a dissappointment this year, but will become stellar by his yr.3.

Colts win the superbowl.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know why even the so-called "experts" are sleeping on this guy. #1 WR on a great offense who put up 2 very good years but missed 5 games last year with a thumb (not knee) injury and put up good numbers when he returned. Yet a lot of sites have him in the 12 range for WRs. Crazy.

Love this pick. Even if he's not #1, he could easily finish top 5. Just don't tell everyone so we can draft him in the 3rd round!

Colston is solid but hes not explosive. Meaning, hes far from R.Moss, C.Johnson, A.Johnson, and L.Fitz type talent. One could argue that offense is as for much of his success than anything. Put Colston in Calvins shoes, do u think he would put up the same stats in Det? I really dont think so. L.Moore proved that a less talented receiver can dominate at times in that offense. Brees, coaching staff is that offensively good. That said, I still like Colston, but just dont think hes and "elite" talent. And he does have injury concerns too. But a lot of player do, including two of the four listed above. So I wouldnt put that as such a big deal.

I would have thought my wording would have made you suspicious.

But no, lad you walked right into it: Todd Haley is now the Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach.

I think Russ Grimm has a bigger influence on the team's offensive schemes this year even though Mike Miller will see to it that the passing attack still thrives. I think that with Russ Grimm's influence, plus the addition of Beanie Wells and more importantly the maturation of the underrated Tim Hightower, Arizona will have a more consistent ground game.

Of course the promotion of Bill Davis to Def.Coordinator (really- that was the best you could do?) means that the Cardinals high-flying aerial assault will have to continue firing late in games. Still, I see a more balanced attack with two emerging stars contributing to a healthy ground game.

LOL. I knew this was coming from the previous posts as I scrolled down. I think they will run a bit more balanced attack this year - but with Warner still under center I think they will be airing it out more than most teams. I think it has to do more so with their WR trio and QB rather then who is calling the shots.

Judging by Hightower's play last season - I would say their run blocking needs to improve a bit before they truly commit to the run.

LOL. I knew this was coming from the previous posts as I scrolled down. I think they will run a bit more balanced attack this year - but with Warner still under center I think they will be airing it out more than most teams. I think it has to do more so with their WR trio and QB rather then who is calling the shots.

Judging by Hightower's play last season - I would say their run blocking needs to improve a bit before they truly commit to the run.

Brown and Gandy are excellent run blockers. Sendlein is adequate. Luiti definitely made his name as a pass protector and Wells is, well, Wells.

This line is good enough for the team to run more, it just has to want to do it. You have to admit, Fugge, that the situation should be a little different this year on that front. Hightower has a year under his belt and the team didn't draft Beanie to hide him.

But again, I see their defense being really not good. Even if they commit more to the run as I think they will- most of the 4th quarter will be contended through the air as they ought to be in a lot of close games. I have that little faith in Bill Davis (plus they hardly addressed their pressing needs on defense, particularly at LB where they have no depth).

EDIT: Oh, and- At least someone was paying attention. B)

Given the success of their passing attack last year you think they might get a little cocky and air it out regardless? Resembling something similar to the Patriots of 2007? I'm not saying that Warner will throw for 100 touchdowns or however many Brady threw that year...but I worry (for fantasy value of Arizona RBs) that they may feel pressured to simply keep throwing with Warner, Q, Fitz, and S. Breast (sounds like a cool nickname).

Hopefully you are right about them not hiding Beanie. I also hope that Hightower improves his vision. Some of his decisionmaking last year was questionable...But I love his style!

Hopefully you are right about them not hiding Beanie. I also hope that Hightower improves his vision. Some of his decisionmaking last year was questionable...But I love his style!

You can see more when you have "more time": the game will slow down for Hightower his second season. It always does for an athlete who is not in over his head, and Hightower isn't.

Quarterback will be the most valuable position this year.

Westy stays healthy and puts up top 3 numbers. (McCoy is solid and gets 5td's.)

Kyle Orton is a fan favorite by seasons end.

Turner puts up 1300/15. (This is bold not because of his ADP, but because everyone thinks he's a bust.)

Josh Wilson is a top 5CB, Seattle D is top 3.

Just a few, nothing huge.

-Phillip Rivers is the top fantasy QB this season.

-MJD is the top fantasy RB by a mile, with 1494 yards rushing, 415 receiving, and 18 TD's.

-Moreno finishes in the top 5 RB's, with 1196 on the ground, 335 in the air, and 14 TD's.

-Eddie Royal has a better season than Brandon Marshall.

-Westbrook misses 9 games, McCoy busts out with over 1000 on the ground for the season.

-Addai is relevant again.

-DeAngelo Williams doesn't come close to repeating his 2008 season. Stewart does (and then some).

-The Texans do NOT win the division or make the playoffs, finishing another disappointing 7-9 season.

-Schaub misses 5 games (causing the last prediction), not living up to the hype for the 2nd straight year.

-Steve Slaton isn't a top 10 RB.

-Reggie Bush rushes for over 1000 yards, has over 300 yards receiving...only 4 TD's though due to Pierre Thomas' 13.

-Carson Palmer is a top 5 QB.

-Aaron Rodgers is not.

-Tom Brady gets his wish of playing in every preseason game. He tears his ACL on the last snap of the 4th quarter of the last preseason game.

-Chris Mortensen loses his mind and becomes a hermit, living in his super cool ESPN van down by the river and playing gee-tar hero.

-Braylon Edwards has over 1500 yards receiving.

-Greg Olsen has 1200 yards and 9 TD's.

-Hester is a bust.

-Jay Cutler throws for 23 TD's, but also a whopping 26 INT's.

-Matt Leinart makes the Pro Bowl after taking over for an injured Kurt Warner in Week 2.

-The Cardinals, not the Seahawks, win the West.

-The Broncos win the wildcard with a 10-6 record.

-Kyle Orton finishes with a solid 22/8 TD/INT ratio.

-Phillip Rivers doesn't hate Kyle Orton.

-Ochocino has a 1200 yard season.

-Cadillac has a better season than Ward.

-Alex Smith becomes a fantasy-relevant starter.

-So does Vernon Davis.

-ALL OF THESE PREDICTIONS COME TRUE.

Leon Washington will be this years HUGE fantasy breakout player. Last year he had a very quiet 8 TDs, 47 receptions, and 800 combined offensive yards. This season Leon is expected to focus more on offense and less on special teams. Thomas Jones isn't getting any younger. I could see an MJD type season from Leon this year, with 1200+ combined offensive yards, 60 receptions and 10 TDs. Obviously his value is even higher in PPR leagues, around the RB2 range.

Thoughts??

--------------------

Competitive PPR, 12 team league. Roster below:

QB (2) - Matt Schaub, Kyle Orton, Sage Rosenfels, Matt Stafford, Luke McCown

RB (3) - Steven Jackson, Knowshon Moreno, Marshawn Lynch, Ray Rice, Julius Jones, Earnest Graham, Leon Washington

WR (4) - Randy Moss, Marques Colston, Wes Welker, Steve Smith (NYG), Josh Morgan, Chris Henry

TE (2) - Greg Olsen, Heath Miller

DEF (2) - Oakland, Washington

K (2) -

IDP (2) - DeMeco Ryans

• 2 weeks later...

Turner will score 20 TDS this season

Mark Sanchez will throw 20 TD's this season

OchoCinco will have 90 receptions this season

Calvin Johnson will lead the league is receiving TD's

Bowe will be second....

Marshall won't have more than 50 catches this season

T. Jones will score over 12 TD's this season...

Matt Forte laughs at all the people calling him a bust as he marches on to 2000 combined yards, by NOT facing 8 in the box every play, thanks to a guy named Jay!

Braylon Edwards catches a pass. B)

Archived