NBC Sports Edge Forums

Can I use Garrett Jones or Gutiérrez?

Bandito

Just wondering if one of these guys might be useful for me. Rivera has been playing a lot for me lately with Lee and Cruz running hot and cold. Now with Rivera dinged up, I wonder if adding another temporary OF would be a good idea. Both are available. I'd have to drop a pitcher.

Would you pick one up? Who would you drop?

Jones could help in the short term as he has shown he is a legit guy in that lineup. Im curious to see if PIT uses him any at 1B as well since Adam LaRoche has been awful and I believe hes played there before. If I had to drop any of the pitchers id drop Smoltz or Romero. Romero has some serious stuff as noted by his 8K through 4 before he pooped himself yesterday and other than Smoltz one game performance against KC i havent been impressed.

Help here: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=140436

smoltz could turn out good but if you end up picking someone up i say you pick up garrett jones..i thought he'd cool down and then hits two more one being off of lincecum and also had one off of hamels the other week. I've read somewhere that his hitting has been like this dating back to his high school years. Mostly the pwer though

Stand pat. I say this because if you drop Smoltz or Romero, it could blow up in your face. I own them in 2 leagues and have zero intentions of letting them hit the waiver wire. If you do not need all of those closers, I would drop Howell.

I think I better hold on to Howell. I'm second in saves but there is one team right on my rear and two more shortly behind him. So I better keep fighting for those points.

Looking at your situation.. I'd stand pat as well.. nice squad as is.

I really don't get the hype with Jones. Isn't there a reason why he is not in the majors til he is not 28???? And don't tell me injuries, cause I don't think so. Jones will cool off

i really dont see (1) the need to add anyone nor (2) anyone to drop. that said, i like Gutierrez over Jones, so if you found a way, i'd target him. but again, it just dont see this move being made.

Archived