NBC Sports Edge Forums

What do you think?

dzemens

I give: Longoria, Gallardo, Qualls.

I get: Ryan Zimmerman, Ted Lilly, Brian Fuentes.

I think there is a large upgrade here at closer and id be getting better ratio back at SP but thats a big hit in my eyes at 3B.

What do you think of the offer and would I be out of line asking for this instead.

I give: Longoria, Huff, Gallardo, Qualls, Ricky Romero

I get: Lilly, Fuentes, Votto, ZImmerman.

Leave a link.

I think both offers are fair. I think your second is better than the first. But I don't know that I'd do either. I am a Fuentes owner, and realize he's doing a lot better than he's getting credit for, but losing Longoria and YoGa sucks.

Thanks for hitting mine.

I think your giving up the two best players in the deal to get a minor upgrade in RP...I don't value closers very highly because outside the elite ones its pretty much a crap shoot predicting what will happen...Longoria/Gallardo are a considerable amount better than Zimmerman/Lilly

I really don't think you should even consider either offer. You're giving up a consider amount of talent for, arguably, nothing. I really that Fuentes may be a better RP over the 2nd half, and Qualls may not retain his role... but this is far too much. The Longoria -> Zimmerman and Gallardo -> Lilly downgrades are significant.

So no. No.

I think your giving up the two best players in the deal to get a minor upgrade in RP...I don't value closers very highly because outside the elite ones its pretty much a crap shoot predicting what will happen...Longoria/Gallardo are a considerable amount better than Zimmerman/Lilly

Agreed...i wouldnt do either of them....Longoria has a HUGE difference over Zimm and Gallardo is significantly better than Lilly...wont do it if I were you...

Archived