NBC Sports Edge Forums

Okafor to New Orleans

Br0kenB

Diaw at C and Chandler at PF makes no sense.

Diaw played C for a midget-ball team. But Chandler is the exact opposite of what a midget-ball PF should be - no handle, no jumpshot. If Brown wants to play midget-ball, then Diaw at C and VladRad at PF makes a lot more sense.

Chandler could play PF if they went big, with Diop at C. But that would either put Diaw on the bench, or push him to SF and push Crash to SG. And Diop+Chandler = worst offensive frontcourt in the league by a country mile, it's not feasible for more than a couple minutes at a time.

Can you guys link me to where Brown is thinking of playing Chandler at 4? How can he guard any 4 in today's NBA?

Bobcats center Tyson Chandler says he feels healthy after having ankle and toe surgery in May.

"At the end of the (season), my ankle was hurting pretty bad," Chandler said. "We decided we might as well clean everything up. For the first time in a couple of years, I've got good movement in my toe." Coach Larry Brown praised Chandler's ability to defend the perimeter and the pick-and-roll, and even said he'll get some playing time at power forward. Jul. 28 - 11:14 pm etSource: Charlotte Observer

Archived