NBC Sports Edge Forums

going for broke with this offer

ssmarsh

I'm in 2nd place with room to move up and win this season, but there are two other teams in the hunt as well. The three of us have been dealing away keepers all season to try and keep pace, so my cupboard is pretty bare at this point. Anyway, with Garko off to the NL I'm down a bat and I'd like to add another big SP to my rotation for the stretch run. I'm thinking of making the offer below to the 6th place team who doesn't look like they'll make the money this season (keep in mind that "C" players and guys with $0 salary can't be kept):

I give - C/3B Brandon Inge (B, $2), OF Jason Kubel (A, $12), SP Tim Wakefield (A, $8) and SP Koji Uehara (A, $5)

I get - OF Nick Markakis (C, $15), OF Scott Hairston (A, $0), OF Nolan Reimold (A, $0) and SP Josh Beckett (C, $27)

Beckett and Markakis are obvious upgrades, but I'm not sure Hairston and Reimold are going to be worth it. Any thoughts?

I'm in 2nd place with room to move up and win this season, but there are two other teams in the hunt as well. The three of us have been dealing away keepers all season to try and keep pace, so my cupboard is pretty bare at this point. Anyway, with Garko off to the NL I'm down a bat and I'd like to add another big SP to my rotation for the stretch run. I'm thinking of making the offer below to the 6th place team who doesn't look like they'll make the money this season (keep in mind that "C" players and guys with $0 salary can't be kept):

I give - C/3B Brandon Inge (B, $2), OF Jason Kubel (A, $12), SP Tim Wakefield (A, $8) and SP Koji Uehara (A, $5)

I get - OF Nick Markakis (C, $15), OF Scott Hairston (A, $0), OF Nolan Reimold (A, $0) and SP Josh Beckett (C, $27)

Beckett and Markakis are obvious upgrades, but I'm not sure Hairston and Reimold are going to be worth it. Any thoughts?

im admittedly not a keeper expert, but as inge wont have catcher elgibility next year and im not a believer in him, i think id made that deal to help you win this year as beckett could be the thing that puts you up to the top.... and as im yelling at my phils to make the move to win this year instead of worrying about the future, id be hyprocritical to advise you otherwise...

Archived