NBC Sports Edge Forums

how's things over at TQStats?

ssmarsh

I'm just wondering how TQStats leagues are doing now that the season is half over. Have they gotten their act together? Are the features they promised actually there? We left them right after the season started and I'd love to know how it's going over there. Any owners who stuck with them still around?

Sounds like our league is one of the few who still uses TQstats. They got off to a rocky start, but I have to admit, I'm very pleased with them. The only complaint I have with them is, in their player stats (active and free agents), they do not list base hits, just total bases. You have to go to another site to see the breakdown of hits of a player. The home page is different from last year. Last year, when you went to the home page, you saw how every player on your roster did the night before. I mean, all stats, walks, singles, doubles, triples, home runs and RBIs. All pitching stats were listed too. Now, you have to go to your team roster page to see how your players did. I still think they can do a few minor things to make their site better, but overall, i would say I'm very pleased with them.

Sounds like our league is one of the few who still uses TQstats. They got off to a rocky start, but I have to admit, I'm very pleased with them. The only complaint I have with them is, in their player stats (active and free agents), they do not list base hits, just total bases. You have to go to another site to see the breakdown of hits of a player. The home page is different from last year. Last year, when you went to the home page, you saw how every player on your roster did the night before. I mean, all stats, walks, singles, doubles, triples, home runs and RBIs. All pitching stats were listed too. Now, you have to go to your team roster page to see how your players did. I still think they can do a few minor things to make their site better, but overall, i would say I'm very pleased with them.

12 team, five player keeper league

Cat: Joe Mauer

1st: Adam LaRoche

3rd: Alex Rodriguez

CI: Kevin Youkillis

2nd: Chase Utley

SS: Bobby Crosby

MI: Aaron Hill

OF: Bill Hall, Hideki Matsui, Johnny Damon, Vladimir Guerrero

UTL: Dan Johnson

SP: Brandon Webb, Joe Blanton, Chin Mein Wang, Livan Hernandez

RP: Joe Smith, Hideki Okajima, Antonio Alfonseca, Jose Pena

UTL:Dan Wheeler

I still don't like the message board with TQ...I liked the old one a lot better. Plus, there are some guys that actually used the trade evaluator and that still isn't back yet. I just wonder if they'll still be around next year. I don't think we are coming back.

We stuck it out, only because was the easier of options with the rather late notice on changes given by TQ but will probably not be back next year. The changes made just don't fit with some of the quirks in our league, but we can get by this year until we have the proper time to look at options. The site is providing us with accurate stats but had to modify some of our keeper dollar values so as to make work. The way the roll-out was handled has left a very bad taste in our mouths to say the least. One guy I know told me it took 6 weeks to actually get a response back from TQ, other than the automated system which provided very generic type responses. Unacceptable at best.

We stuck it out, too, and while it is immensely better than it was earlier in the year, most of the "improvements" appear to be cosmetic, ie, site design, rather than new gadgets...my commissioner is frustrated, though, because he says it takes him about twice as long to enter transactions...

He seems to think we'll be switching next year...

I'm just wondering how TQStats leagues are doing now that the season is half over. Have they gotten their act together? Are the features they promised actually there? We left them right after the season started and I'd love to know how it's going over there. Any owners who stuck with them still around?

We stuck it out and things seem to be in very good shape at TQ now. It was a very frustrating first few weeks but they got their poop together now. When you compare TQ to Yahoo, Fox, ESPN, CBS Sportsline and others, I believe TQ still delivers the best product.

Thanks for the replies, guys. MWB seems to be in the minority as most things I've read tell a sad tale for the one time giant of the industry.

We've been with TQStats since the mid-90's. While things are better, they are not good:

- things are much harder for the commissioner (luckily, not me this year)

- the site, while improving, lacks the basic common sense functionality of previous years (when I click a team name from the standings, I want to see the roster and accrued stats of that team. I don't get that and have to go elsewhere to find it)

- finding free agents is much harder (no stats for just the current week, only for YTD, so it's hard to find guys who are getting at-bats or innings right now)

- lots of the fun stuff is gone (final standings projections, trade evaluator)

- even the live stats is harder to use

Nothing is better. We'll be leaving.

Archived