NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marques Colston 2009

Br0kenB

How did NO fare last week against the Bills? B)

NO played @ BUF in windy conditions... brees is one of the most accurate passers in the league, yet he threw some passes last week that even jamarcus would be ashamed of...

NO is at home this week... brees is a beast at home... he averages over 330 yds and 2 tds/game at home....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
B)

revis is great, but NO has a lot of players to defend, moreso than any team they've faced thus far (especially considering walters and welker were out wks 1 and 2)... the jets won't be able to focus on stopping any 1 option... furthermore, colston isn't NO's deep threat so revis may not even be guarding colston the entire game (colston will likely be moved along the formation all day)...

with that said, i can see why owners would be somewhat hesitant to start colston vs NYJ but sitting him in favor of sims-walker or washington is an over-rationalized/paranoid move imho...

Was does it matter if he's their deep threat? He is the best WR on that field and that's who Revis will cover. Revis has shut down everybody. And from what I remember hearing on how Colston can't stop/start and can only run straight, how is he going to beat Revis?

Was does it matter if he's their deep threat? He is the best WR on that field and that's who Revis will cover. Revis has shut down everybody. And from what I remember hearing on how Colston can't stop/start and can only run straight, how is he going to beat Revis?

I sat him week 2 based on the "he can't run , brees throws to the open guy" speculation in this thread. I'm wary of making the same mistake this week. Maybe Revis will just stay on one side of the field and they can move Colston around. I guess that seems unlikely. Herm. I don't know what to do.

B)

revis is great, but NO has a lot of players to defend, moreso than any team they've faced thus far (especially considering walters and welker were out wks 1 and 2)... the jets won't be able to focus on stopping any 1 option... furthermore, colston isn't NO's deep threat so revis may not even be guarding colston the entire game (colston will likely be moved along the formation all day)...

with that said, i can see why owners would be somewhat hesitant to start colston vs NYJ but sitting him in favor of sims-walker or washington is an over-rationalized/paranoid move imho...

FWIW, that's exactly what they did against the Eagles. He lined up on both sides, as well as in the slot, and had Samuel, Sheldon and Hanson covering him at various times.....and that was the day he went 8/8 on catches/targets.

This whole latest line of discussion is amusing. I don't read this thread much because I don't own Colston, but if I owned him he'd be starting every week.

MSW - LOL

Was Andre's 4 for 36 line amusing? Was Randy's miserable line amusing?

Like I stated before (and was easily passed over) I'm a Jets fan and with the factors of Revis keeping me on edge, not sure what to do, I decided to bench him so I don't have to think of him doing damage against my team.

How is it amusing when we did the same exact thing for Scrabble last year?

top corners usually defend the speedy deep threat, and that distinction belongs to henderson in NO... it would be foolish for ryan to move revis to nickel when colston lines up in the slot...

top corners usually defend the speedy deep threat, and that distinction belongs to henderson in NO... it would be foolish for ryan to move revis to nickel when colston lines up in the slot...

That I will agree on.

My statement was also made not knowing that Colston lines up in the slot at times. Who knew?

Was Andre's 4 for 36 line amusing? Was Randy's miserable line amusing?

Like I stated before (and was easily passed over) I'm a Jets fan and with the factors of Revis keeping me on edge, not sure what to do, I decided to bench him so I don't have to think of him doing damage against my team.

How is it amusing when we did the same exact thing for Scrabble last year?

HOU and NE's offense isn't nearly as good as NO's, especially considering they were missing their 2nd best receiving threats in their games vs NYJ... the jets were able to focus their attention on stopping johnson and moss and force HOU and NE to beat them using davis/jones and edelman/galloway... there are too many threats in NO for the jets to focus on stopping colston...

the jets will surely blitz NO throughout the game, but brees is the master of the short passing game, and colston runs a lot of intermediate routes... colston may not have one of his signature big days, but the chances of walker and washington having bigger games is pretty slim...

HOU and NE's offense isn't nearly as good as NO's especially considering they were missing their 2nd best receiving threats in their games vs NYJ... the jets were able to focus their attention on stopping johnson and moss and force HOU and NE to beat them using davis/jones and edelman/galloway... there are too many threats in NO for the jets to focus on stopping colston...

the jets will surely blitz NO throughout the game, but brees is the master of the short passing game, and colston runs a lot of intermediate routes... colston may not have one of his signature big days, but the chances of walker and washington having bigger games is pretty slim...

Which is likely. And if they are going to have similar days, I'd rather not start the one who faces my team. Just a preference. Nate is in there because Jax secondary is terrible and he's a deep threat. Just looking for one big bomb.

Also, the last time the Saints played a Rex Ryan defense, they were outscored 35-7 until the fourth quarter. Keep in mind that now the Saints are down two left tackles, protecting Brees blindside.

Which is likely. And if they are going to have similar days, I'd rather not start the one who faces my team. Just a preference. Nate is in there because Jax secondary is terrible and he's a deep threat. Just looking for one big bomb.

Also, the last time the Saints played a Rex Ryan defense, they were outscored 35-7 until the fourth quarter. Keep in mind that now the Saints are down two left tackles, protecting Brees blindside.

end of argument...

I think you are really overthinking it and letting the fact that you are a Jets fan cloud your judgement instead of helping like you think. Colston is the kind of guy you play regardless of matchup cause he has the potential to have a big day every week. Its not going to happen every week obviously but I'd bet more on Colston over MSW. By the way, I also have both of these guys and Im not even considering playing MSW til he shows more consistency.

FWIW I read that Revis is the quickest of the Jets cover guys, so if they have him on Colston all game, it might leave Henderson/Meachem wide open deep down the field.

With Strickland and Sheppard out, it's pick your poison really. If Revis covers Henderson, Colston will have a field day. There is no one on that Jets team that can cover him outside of Revis.

B)

Booyah baby!! Good luck Colston :)

Wow, Revis is so good that he not only shutdown Colston but Brees confidence in this game. Thank goodness the Saints D is vastly improved.

Archived