NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Grade me homies...

Non PPR start 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 Flex 1 TE 1 K 1 D/ST.... 4 Keepers from last year, I took a lot of guys like Mendenhall, Brown, Crabtree and Stafford as hopes they could blow up. If not whatever.

QB: Tom Brady (Keeper)

RB: Clinton Portis (Keeper)

RB: Adrian Peterson (Keeper)

WR: Reggie Wayne (Keeper)

WR: Braylon Edwards

WR: Chad Ochocinco

Flex: Chris "Beanie" Wells

TE: Dustin Keller

D/ST: Steelers

K: Jason Elam

BE: Donald Brown (RB), Donnie Avery (WR), Laurence Maroney (RB), Rashard Mendenhall (RB), Michael Crabtree (WR), Chris Henry (WR), Chargers (D/ST), Matthew Stafford.

Great keepers. Braylon could really help you if he can hold onto the ball. You're wasting your time with Crabtree I'm afraid. Stafford? I hope you wouldn't have to use him besides possibly for Terrific Tom's bye week.

Great keepers. Braylon could really help you if he can hold onto the ball. You're wasting your time with Crabtree I'm afraid. Stafford? I hope you wouldn't have to use him besides possibly for Terrific Tom's bye week.

With such deep benches I could afford to leave Crabtree there all season. With Stafford it is hope that I got this years Matty Ryan.

Doubt Stafford is this year's Matt Ryan, he just doesn't have the chance Ryan did. He'll be a great QB eventually. What's the deal with Crabtree? We talking not playing at all this year? I don't see them getting him in there before week one and Crabtree seems hell bent on getting paid no matter what.

Portis worries me too but Ill think youll be fine...wow good job! I like your team....could you please help me out? http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?show...p;#entry1394477

Portis was a tough keep but I had nothing else worth really holding onto. I took a lot of young backs with upside (Beanie Wells, Donald Brown and Maroney) with the intentions of keeping one of the three over Portis next year. I was a little iffy on drafting Braylon but he is in a contract year and could be back to form not the 15 TD form but really good 9-12 TD form.

As everyone said your keepers are sick. This will be your last time holding onto Portis though as Brown or Wells will be holding that spot next year. Like Ochocinco this year. Crabtree and Stafford are probably worthless. I think Fred Taylor would be the back to own in NE this year and Maroney will likely be droppable a few weeks in (just my opinion). Hope Keller takes another step forward too, I own him in my first league.

What do you think on this one? http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=145059

Your QB is a stud, obviously, but I think your WRs are primed for big years. You can rotate Henry and Wells at flex and you'd be just fine. I'm a trade freak, so I'm constantly looking to improve, so if I was you, I'd try to trade Portis and something minor for a potential keeper at RB (i.e. Rice, K.Smith, etc.). As a matter of fact, you may be able to get one of those RBs plus something else if you give the other team Portis straight-up.

I like it....like others have said, there is a lot of balance in the RB/WR spots. I would probably get another backup QB just in case something happened to Brady (I'm not that big on Stafford for this season, but I understand why you have him with the keeper implications).

There is enough potential dead weight on the team to cut bait if you need to fill a spot though (specifically Maroney and Crabtree)

I like it....like others have said, there is a lot of balance in the RB/WR spots. I would probably get another backup QB just in case something happened to Brady (I'm not that big on Stafford for this season, but I understand why you have him with the keeper implications).

There is enough potential dead weight on the team to cut bait if you need to fill a spot though (specifically Maroney and Crabtree)

Having the deep bench let me acquire Crabtree and Maroney with the hopes of maroney going off and becoming the back people in NE thought he would and should be. Crabtree was a straight shot in the dark hoping he comes in at some point and goes off.

I like your team. As said you have great keepers. I think your flex spot will be a situational week by week spot but you have several capable guys to fill it with Wells, Brown, Avery, Henry and I could see a guy like Mendenhall have a pretty good year, specially if parker gets digged up.

Team looks great, keepers are awesome. Ocho and Edwards are 2 WRs with upside this year too. I like Keller a lot too this year and with how deep he was going he's a great value. Hopefully your rookie fliers will work out, if they do you'll have a really solid deep team.

Non PPR start 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 Flex 1 TE 1 K 1 D/ST.... 4 Keepers from last year, I took a lot of guys like Mendenhall, Brown, Crabtree and Stafford as hopes they could blow up. If not whatever.

BE: Donald Brown (RB), Donnie Avery (WR), Laurence Maroney (RB), Rashard Mendenhall (RB), Michael Crabtree (WR), Chris Henry (WR), Chargers (D/ST), Matthew Stafford.

Pretty good team, Portis though scares me. I think you should have tried to get someone better than Edwards. He's a good safe WR2 but I'd rather go for a guy like E. Royal who's also a WR2 but with huge upside. But your team will be plenty competitive that's for sure. Good luck!

if braylon bounces back you'll be a contender...maybe a better backup qb!?!

Archived