NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rate my team!!

Yahoo defaults except PPR(1 per) and 6pts per passing TD.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

Edit: 12 team league

QB-Romo, Schaub

RB-Gore, Portis, K. Smith, McFadden

WR-Bowe, Colston, Avery, Chambers, Ginn Jr.

TE-Keller

K-Kasey

DEF-Chicago

Wanted a big time TE but waited too long so might be a week to week thing there. Also I tried to get depth at WR because I missed out on the Studs. Those are my concerns right now....let me know what you think.

Your RBs are insane. Kevin Smith is going to really break out I think, and if DMC stays on the field you have 4 very capable backs. Good depth too considering we all see Portis' mid-late season breakdown coming. You are prepared there. Top 2 WRs are solid. You could maybe try to keep schaub and trade romo for a 3rd/4th round WR and backup QB. Texans are going to put up serious #s this year.

This team I thought was borderline....Borderline insanely good. The group of RB's you have is downright illegal in a 12 team league. I like your WR's not an elite one but all really good and you could easily acquire one of the big studs with a Schaub and any RB package IMO. Awesomely done man. I would say barring injury (obviously) you are easily the favorite to win your league.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. It will take some coaching to get the right guys in on the right weeks. Its good to have depth but it doesnt help when the bench outscores the starters.

Just to let you know how it went here is my draft results.

1. (11) Frank Gore

2. (14) Clinton Portis

3. (35) Tony Romo

4. (38) Dwayne Bowe

5. (59) Marques Colston

6. (62) Kevin Smith

7. (83) Darren McFadden

8. (86) Donnie Avery (I 2nd guessed this pick, still not sure how I feel about it)

9. (107) Matt Schaub

10. (110) Chicago

11. (131) Chris Chambers

12. (134) Dustin Keller (I hope he can produce as a starting TE, I waited too long and didnt get a top tier guy.)

13. (155) Ted Ginn Jr.

14. (158) John Kasay

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. It will take some coaching to get the right guys in on the right weeks. Its good to have depth but it doesnt help when the bench outscores the starters.

Just to let you know how it went here is my draft results.

1. (11) Frank Gore

2. (14) Clinton Portis

3. (35) Tony Romo

4. (38) Dwayne Bowe

5. (59) Marques Colston

6. (62) Kevin Smith

7. (83) Darren McFadden

8. (86) Donnie Avery (I 2nd guessed this pick, still not sure how I feel about it)

9. (107) Matt Schaub

10. (110) Chicago

11. (131) Chris Chambers

12. (134) Dustin Keller (I hope he can produce as a starting TE, I waited too long and didnt get a top tier guy.)

13. (155) Ted Ginn Jr.

14. (158) John Kasay

I have a full blown mancrush on Keller this season. I think he will go off, and this is coming from a Pats fan who hates everything about the Jets.

I have a full blown mancrush on Keller this season. I think he will go off, and this is coming from a Pats fan who hates everything about the Jets.

I picked him up off waivers late last year as well. I like him and if he can find a groove with Sanchez he has the potential to be a top 7 TE, and that would be huge for me this season.

I picked him up off waivers late last year as well. I like him and if he can find a groove with Sanchez he has the potential to be a top 7 TE, and that would be huge for me this season.

I am with you. I think he is the best WR on that team and he is a TE. I think Sanchez will always be looking his way. If Keller is not the 1st read he will always be Sanchez's 2nd look because he is a rookie and will look to the TE a lot you assume.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=145052

Yahoo defaults except PPR(1 per) and 6pts per passing TD.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

Edit: 12 team league

QB-Romo, Schaub

RB-Gore, Portis, K. Smith, McFadden

WR-Bowe, Colston, Avery, Chambers, Ginn Jr.

TE-Keller

K-Kasey

DEF-Chicago

Wanted a big time TE but waited too long so might be a week to week thing there. Also I tried to get depth at WR because I missed out on the Studs. Those are my concerns right now....let me know what you think.

I am huge on Witten this year so if you are still looking to get a top tier TE i would trade for him. I also love schaub. I would prolly keep schaub and trade romo for the top tier TE you want. I would trade romo straight up for witten but since you picked romo in the 3rd you might be able to ask for another player in addition.

I am huge on Witten this year so if you are still looking to get a top tier TE i would trade for him. I also love schaub. I would prolly keep schaub and trade romo for the top tier TE you want. I would trade romo straight up for witten but since you picked romo in the 3rd you might be able to ask for another player in addition.

Good idea... Romo/Keller for Witten/3rd WR.

So is everyone in consensus that I should hold on to Schaub over Romo??

I know i grabbed Romo high with my 3rd pick, and think I got a steal with Schaub with my 9th. I like schaub this year but I dont know about riding him the whole way as my QB1.

If you can get a top-tier TE, think of it this way, would you rather have Romo/Keller or Schaub/Witten?

that team looks very strong.

I agree with a lot of posters that Keller is a great option, though you have almost an embarrassment of wealth on your team, so turning that into a elite TE is your choice. I also agree that Romo is your best trade bait.

Agree with everyone else. Very solid. If you can't score witten you could always try and upgrade a position like RB or WR by adding Schaub and Romo with one your current RB or WR. With witten though you have the best TE available and very solid at every other position. Good draft

Very solid team. I wouldn't worry about not getting your stud TE because with a bunch of scrubs behind Cotchery in NY, Keller will get a lot of targets. You didn't get that one true stud but your team is made up of a lot of borderline guys that are on the verge of becoming studs like Bowe, Colston, Smith and McFadden. Very good job.

looks like Im gonna ride Romo and Schaub for now, Schaub seemed very fragile last night with his little ankle sprain just from running out of the pocket. Plus he sits in the pocket and takes some hits.

Keeping my fingers crossed I can land Cutler off waivers....new $$ league for me and so far doesnt seem too competitive.

Archived