NBC Sports Edge Forums

2009 Celebration Thread!

Br0kenB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a 10 team you can get some good receivers. I have Andre, Calvin, and Welker in one league, while everyone was digging for Clinton Portis I went for Calvin. But my RBs are butt!

BTW all you 8-0 guys, I hate you all! B)

That's what I thought too. Looks like he was on top of the WW transactions grabbing Smith and Sims-Walker, plus drafting Ray Rice late doesn't hurt?

Yes.

If I had to break it down, it would go:

1) Pre-draft prep -- I went high on DeSean Jax and Ray Rice in all of my leagues and landed them both for all my teams

2) For Team II, sold DeSean Jax+P.Thomas+K.Smith earlier this week for Michael Turner and Reggie Wayne (owner concerned with injury)

and

3) I've been a WW hawk (as I always am) -- this is the difference between grabbing the trophy at the end (which I did for the recent Baseball league I was in)

Hidden
wow, you are so cool.

yeah, and making your own thread to brag about your 8-0 team is great.

We have a separate brag thread on this board, follow the rules instead of spamming the boards with useless threads

turned my originally (auto)drafted team of:

QB: Garrard, Trent Edwards

WR: Antonio Bryant, Hines Ward

RB: LT, Barber

TE: Owen Daniels

FLEX: Ryan Grant

BN: Fred Jackson, Miles Austin, Scheffler, Jon Kitna (LOL), a second kicker (lol again)

into what i've got now. a top 5 qb (brees), a top 5 wr (andre), two top 10 backs (rice, gore)

Traded my boy Moss along with John Carlson for Roddy White and Cedric Benson about a month ago. I'm liking this trade more and more every week especially in light of him dropping Carlson a couple of weeks ago. Basically it boiled down to a two for one trade. Right now I'd have a hard time trading Moss for White straight up, let alone for him and Benson.

on the topic of wide receivers - I would put mine up against anyones

Andre Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Vincent Jackson

Mike Sims-Walker

and I didnt even take one in the 1st round - I took MJD! Got Johnson in Rd 2 Wayne Rd 3 and Jackson Rd 5 (Sims-Walker was a waiver wire) - so far so good - 7 and 1 - just hoping to continue the ride!!!!

Total record so far this year is 25-7! I'd like to thank Rice, Chad Johnson, Vjax, Schaub, Daniels and now VDavis for being my main core of players in most leagues. I find that building depth then trading 2 for 1's is the way to win champs, that and key WW pick ups!

also Thanks to everyone here who was riding Ray Rices and Schaubs nuts, helped tons!

Andre Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Vincent Jackson

Mike Sims-Walker

and I didnt even take one in the 1st round - I took MJD! Got Johnson in Rd 2 Wayne Rd 3 and Jackson Rd 5 (Sims-Walker was a waiver wire) - so far so good - 7 and 1 - just hoping to continue the ride!!!!

That's a scary WR core for sure, if you don't win it all, it wont be on the account of your wide receivers.

I beat my twin brother this weekend to take over first place in our division of a 14 team auction money league. He probably has about 300 more total points than I, but his Peyton and Peterson, both had average games for him.....while Brees and the Ravens dominated for me.

Andre Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Vincent Jackson

Mike Sims-Walker

Here are mine:

WR Reggie Wayne; Wes Welker; Marques Colston; Derrick Mason; Roddy White; 

The rest of my team is in my sig. So far I've been enjoying my FF season B)

I had 200+ pts last week in my 16 team ppr league and I benched forte, the first overall pick B)

this was the highest point total this year in the league by far.

ray rice+welker+burleson+clark+hightower+sims-walker=ridic points in ppr.

Best moves in my PPR money league:

Not drafting a RB in rounds 1-5, then picking up Ray Rice in the 6th.

Drafting Steve Smith (NYG) in the 9th and Felix Jones in the 10th, then trading them for Cedric Benson and Nate Burleson after week 2.

This week I traded Benson, Burleson and Crabtree to the guy who originally drafted Crabtree for Adrian Peterson!, Chester Taylor and Santana Moss.

Best moves: picking up Ronnie Brown via waiver wire (maybe this is more luck then best move, someone dropped him after week one, dont know why), trading Larry Johnson for LT

Worst moves: not accepting a trade where I get Benson and I give up Slaton early in the season, dropping Miles Austin after week 2

Archived