NBC Sports Edge Forums

More upside going forward?

DrRazvi

LJ was done as RB1 a long time ago FYI.

Take mendenhall. He doesn't have to worry about Moore at all. If Parker goes down or ineffective they will give Mendenhall a chance. He is the back of hte future right now, not Moore.

Charles gets benched randomly for other random running backs on a terrible team. He is in NO WAY able to handle the load of a back. He is a low-end RBBC player.

Help?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=151170

from CBSsportsline...

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said RB Rashard Mendenhall did not play on offense last Sunday at Cincinnait because of a subpar week of practice leading up to the game. Tomlin said he made his point to Mendenhall and that he is moving forward. "He is not in the doghouse," Tomlin said of Mendenhall. "A doghouse is something you have when you let things stew.. I tend to take action and I'm done with it."

Fantasy Analysis

Mendenhall is clearly not a good Fantasy option at this point. With Willie Parker healthy and Mewelde Moore the focal point of the passing game out of the backfield, Mendenhall has minimal value. Ignore him in all leagues for Week 4 against San Diego and it's safe to release him in all non-keeper leagues.

from CBSsportsline...

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said RB Rashard Mendenhall did not play on offense last Sunday .......

thanks for the post, I read this snippet as well. My doubts arise in that I dont know how the writers come to their "fantasy analysis" conclusions. After all, Mendenhall was their 1st round pick last yr and you'd think they would want to develop him ASAP. At the very worst, he should be in a 65/35 split with Parker going forward? Unless he's just not "getting" the game at the NFL level.

The other point is that Jamaal Charles is a kick-returner and my league gets points for return yards, which would be helpful especially on a bad KC team who might get kicked-off to alot.

Any other thoughts?

thanks for the post, I read this snippet as well. My doubts arise in that I dont know how the writers come to their "fantasy analysis" conclusions. After all, Mendenhall was their 1st round pick last yr and you'd think they would want to develop him ASAP. At the very worst, he should be in a 65/35 split with Parker going forward? Unless he's just not "getting" the game at the NFL level.

The other point is that Jamaal Charles is a kick-returner and my league gets points for return yards, which would be helpful especially on a bad KC team who might get kicked-off to alot.

Any other thoughts?

I think they see plenty of him in practice, preseason - not all #1 picks turn out - we could list tons of late 1st rounders who don't pan out and aren't worth the starting time, when you have a guy that can go.

At this point they are interchangable. If both guys were handed the starting job today I think Mendenhall would out produce Charles. In either case it looks like it will take injuries in order for them to get consistant playing time but id rather have the guy on the better team with the run heavy offense.

Also, if your seroiusly taking fantasy advice from CBSSportsline chances are your team is 0-3. It seems like Tomlin is trying to "light a fire" under Mendenhall so that he doenst turn into one of those 1st round bust. Right now Parker's getting most if not all the carriers so whats the harm in benching Mendy to send a message. Worst case scenario Parker carrys the load. Best case scenario Mendenhall gets pissed and steps up.

Also, if your seroiusly taking fantasy advice from CBSSportsline chances are your team is 0-3. It seems like Tomlin is trying to "light a fire" under Mendenhall so that he doenst turn into one of those 1st round bust. Right now Parker's getting most if not all the carriers so whats the harm in benching Mendy to send a message. Worst case scenario Parker carrys the load. Best case scenario Mendenhall gets pissed and steps up.

LOL, thats sad, but true. Actually, my team is 2-1 and in 2nd place. Thanks for the advice. I will see what transpires this week and make a decision.

Archived