NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trade Brees away? How much is enough?

Gosub4

Would you make this trade? This is a 12 team PPR and every TD is worth 6 pts.

I get

Matt Ryan or Carson Palmer (I think I like Ryan better)

Brandon Jacobs

Brandon Marshall

He gets:

Drew Brees

Percey Harvin

Beanie Wells

I should point out that I am 1-3, I have had horrible luck, playing against Reggie Wayne and McGahhe in week one. Played vs. the 49er DEF and Gates last week. I have the 3rd most points in the league, and my opponents have scored more vs. me than any other team. With the Saints on a bye this week and playing the Giants next week, I feel like I could very easily be 1-5 and really hurting. This trade for sure helps me the next two weeks, but I dont think that means I should do it for sure. My roster details are below. Please share your thoughts and leave a link, I'll gladly help in return. Thanks.

Current roster

QB - Brees, Hill

RB - Gore, P.Thomas, Bradshaw, Wells, Coffee

WR - A.Johnson, Colston, Harvin, N.Washington, M.Massaquoi

TE - Cooley

This one is a hell's no for me. Brees will bounce back(and I'm not a brees owner). Look at Matt Ryan's schedule. It's going to be brutal for him. On top of that, Jacobs is not necessarily and upgrade over Gore/Coffee or Thomas.

Just stand pat if you are the 3rd highest scorer making this trade will not help you. Just bad luck. I like your roster a lot.

I get

Brandon Jacobs

Brandon Marshall

He gets:

Drew Brees

Percey Harvin

Beanie Wells

I should point out that I am 1-3, I have had horrible luck, playing against Reggie Wayne and McGahhe in week one. Played vs. the 49er DEF and Gates last week. I have the 3rd most points in the league, and my opponents have scored more vs. me than any other team. With the Saints on a bye this week and playing the Giants next week, I feel like I could very easily be 1-5 and really hurting. This trade for sure helps me the next two weeks, but I dont think that means I should do it for sure. My roster details are below. Please share your thoughts and leave a link, I'll gladly help in return. Thanks.

Current roster

QB - Brees, Hill

TE - Cooley

I would NOT do it - you could get more for the number one fantasy qb

No way. Keep Brees, your squad is good, you'll rebound and win more games than you'll lose. Brees is 6 point passing TD leagues is absolute gold. Don't let the last two weeks start you doubting, JETS are one of the best D's in the league, wind in BUF was pushing 40 mph...they'll be Air Brees again soon.

you don't need to make this trade, but if it were evaluated just on the players alone, the trade is great

Ryan is an every week starter who will get you good points every week

Jacobs is an absolute stud, he is getting the yardage every week, the TDs will come

Marshall is getting better and better every week as he gets into the offense more

everyone needs t o stop being blinded by Brees and the thought of an occcasional 30-40pt game, on a week to week basis every fantasy worthy QB will put up about the same numbers, in this deal he would be getting a solid RB1, a solid WR2 who could be a WR1 and a Top 10 QB and all it is costing him is a Top 3 QB and 2 bench players

but looking at your roster you should stand pat since you aren't going to get any significant upgrades by making the deal

but the deal is very good and more than fair, it just doesn't make your team better

I gotta agree with everyone else - stay put. I was going to give you that advice BEFORE reading everyone's convincing argument. Jacobs is somewhat injury prone and Marshall has Orton throwing to him. Marshall has ONE good catch and it's raising his stock more than it should. If Dallas could tackle, we'd be talking about what a disappointing season Marshall is having so far.

I get

Brandon Jacobs

Brandon Marshall

He gets:

Drew Brees

Percey Harvin

Beanie Wells

Current roster

QB - Brees, Hill

TE - Cooley

stay put - things always seem to even out luckwise. your team is strrong

Archived