NBC Sports EDGE Forums

RW Weekly Rankings

BMcP

Anyone else think these are just a little bit off-base recently?

Hass isn't even in the top 10? Burleson out of the top 20? Just two that jumped out at me, considering how awesome their matchup and past performance has been.

Idk, maybe it's just me, but a lot of their rankings seem a bit...off.

The fact that they keep putting Chris Johnson in the top 5 is beyond me. They go on and on about how terrible the Titans defense is and how they keep getting way behind before halftime but yet CJ is still ranked in the top 5? CJ is a great back and has a lot of potential but he won't get over 15 touches a week if they keep getting beat by 30 every game. On top of that the defenses that face CJ know that since Collins is a joke this year all they have to do is stop the run to win. Put CJ on most other teams and he is a top 5 guy but not this year on the Titans he isn't. Rotoworld lives in the past to much with their rankings, just because he blew up on Houston in week 2 does not mean he will do that every week, especially now that defenses are keyed onto him the whole game.

I've been working with some friends of mine who are doing a full-out analysis of like 9 different Fantasy Sites' projections...

They are gathering the top 24 QBs and TEs and the top 48 WRs and RBs each site predicts and then looking at how accurate the predictions were.

They haven't posted the numbers yet because they don't think the sample size is big enough, but what I know is that the different sites rank very differently each week and everyone's projections are off by quite a bit -- like 4-6 fantasy points off on average. I also know that Yahoo is currently in first place with the lowest average error.

This has been a strange year though... I'm curious to see how it shakes out.

I've been working with some friends of mine who are doing a full-out analysis of like 9 different Fantasy Sites' projections...

They are gathering the top 24 QBs and TEs and the top 48 WRs and RBs each site predicts and then looking at how accurate the predictions were.

They haven't posted the numbers yet because they don't think the sample size is big enough, but what I know is that the different sites rank very differently each week and everyone's projections are off by quite a bit -- like 4-6 fantasy points off on average. I also know that Yahoo is currently in first place with the lowest average error.

In my opinion, I think Yahoo has been fairly accurate with score projections. As hard as that is though.

I usually go with my gut feeling. You are probably in trouble or dont know much about football if you need a website to let you know who you should be playing.

That being said I enjoy reading the goal line stand and the weekly projections on the huddle.com and will often go with their suggestions if its a complete toss up in my mind on who to start.

I usually go with my gut feeling. You are probably in trouble or dont know much about football if you need a website to let you know who you should be playing.

That being said I enjoy reading the goal line stand and the weekly projections on the huddle.com and will often go with their suggestions if its a complete toss up in my mind on who to start.

So you pay for a site to get advice?

So you pay for a site to get advice?

For whatever reason a friend donates money to some charity and gets a yearly subscription to rotopass.com and gets access to all these pay fantasy sites which dont offer as much as you think they would. I just have his user name and password and will check it out on occasion. Some good stuff on there pre draft ranking wise but the huddle is a bit out there in their rankings when I do decide to check it out.

Anyone else think these are just a little bit off-base recently?

Hass isn't even in the top 10? Burleson out of the top 20? Just two that jumped out at me, considering how awesome their matchup and past performance has been.

Idk, maybe it's just me, but a lot of their rankings seem a bit...off.

agreed... but it's RW's way of saving face since they've been predicting the demise of hass all offseason (into the regular season)...

agreed... but it's RW's way of saving face since they've been predicting the demise of hass all offseason (into the regular season)...

they are nothing if not consistent, seems to me that they make a prediction and then just ride out regardless of factual evidence to the contrary

I would love to get my hands on that data. Hit me up if you guys need somewhere to publish it. Even if it was password protected or whatever so it's not out there for public consumption.

Archived