NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Better pickup S.Green or B.Wells?

wahoos1

I think I'd rather have Green. I should think he'll easily get 15 touches a game. Wells will still have to sit a lot because of his pass-protection woes.

Thanx, would you keep Maroney or go after Wells, I'm not sure what value Maroney will have after the Pats bye.

i'm not sure greene's such a no-brainer; he is playing behind a pretty hot rb these days in jones. i also think mike bell needs to be added to the mix. another strong runner with potential playing in a committee. wells seems to have the least competition but plays in a pass first offense and could completely disappear certain weeks

I'm going to bump this one, because I think a lot of people are probably presented with the same question right now.

I actually agree with earlcampbell's earlier post-- I don't think this is such a slam-dunk for Greene. The Jets aren't going to get many more games with 45 (!) carries to split between their top 2 RBs, and I don't think that anyone expects Greene to be more than the junior member of a 7:3ish carry split. Beanie, on the other hand, is pretty clearly the more effective pure runner than Hightower, and is slowly being worked more into the offense's passing-centered sets. This looks more like a 'changing of the guard' than a 'committe contributor.' The pass-heavy offense makes it a risky move, but Wells could easily be the lead horse by the time the fantasy playoffs are around. (And check out that playoff schedule-- SF, DET, STL. Sweet.)

I'll play devil's advocate and say I like wells better. Greene is second in line behind thomas jones in a run heavy offense. However, the jet's passing game isnt' all that effective in my mind (rookie qb, decent but not great wr's). So D's can focus on the run and make Sanchez beat them.

The Cards on the other hand are a pass first offense (and very good at it). Hightower is not a true RB and if Wells can take advantage of the opportunity he has laid out in front of him, the job is his. Opposing D's cannot stack the box against Warner/Fitz/Boldin/Breaston. Wells does have fumbling issues however. Also his playoff schedule is attractive.

conclusion - greene is the more conservative pick, wells is riskier but in my humble opinion an educated risk worth taking. good problem to have, but I like well's upside...

Archived