NBC Sports EDGE Forums

If the draft was tomorrow

Juggernaut55

Hanley Ramirez and Cliff Lee.

Pujols for #1 pick is a easy choice and no brainer. Top Offensive player in the game and most feared batter.

For Reach pick. I would go for either Kershaw or a tie between Tommy Hanson and Josh Johnson

Ahhh, you see, that's why I have a different #1 than you--fear is not a category in my league.

Hanley (next best SS is who...Jeter? Tulo?), and I'd reach for Brett Anderson as well. Andrus looks nice too, but if I had Hanley, no need B)

I agree on Hanley. There's much more depth in that first tier of 1st basemen that there is at SS, especially after dissapointing years from Reyes and Rollins. As for a reach, I might go with J.A. Happ. There's no question he deserves a spot in the rotation this year.

Understood that Hanley is the best SS out there. But you simply cannot pass up the best player on this planet: Prince Albert. He's a once in a lifetime-type player.

Sure you can, since Hanley plays a much more valuable position.

What if Hanley Ramirez were a catcher? Would you still take Pujols over him?

Understood that Hanley is the best SS out there. But you simply cannot pass up the best player on this planet: Prince Albert. He's a once in a lifetime-type player.
Sure you can, since Hanley plays a much more valuable position.

What if Hanley Ramirez were a catcher? Would you still take Pujols over him?

+1

I'd never use the #1 overall pick on a 1B.

Still take Pujols over Hanley if he were a catcher. Albert is the most productive player in the game bar none.

Yes, but at a position full of productive players. Hanley is at a scarce position. That's really the whole argument, and it's a sound one.

Still take Pujols over Hanley if he were a catcher. Albert is the most productive player in the game bar none.

But if you took Hanley #1, you could get plently of productive 1b later on: Morneau, Gonzo, and later...Berkman, Votto...

If you take Pujols #1, you might get Jeter (no thanks, at least not where he will go), probably not Tulo, so....you could roll the dice on Reyes perhaps, you could get Rollins...

I just think if you take Hanley, you are just about guaranteed to get a top notch CONSISTENT 1b, where as if you take Albert, it's kind of a mixed bag at SS.

That's why I would take Hanley.

Archived