NBC Sports Edge Forums

start Ervin Santana next week?

ssmarsh

I know he hasn't had great success on the road, but Ervin is facing two relatively light hitting teams in TB and MIN next week. I'm out of contention this season but with the W's category being so tight in my league, I think I'm going to throw him in there as I have nothing to lose. My league runs Tuesday to Monday so my starters would be:

Scott Baker vs DET (Miller), @ TOR (Marcum)

Kelvim Escobar @ TB (Sonnanstine)

Gil Meche @ DET (Rogers)

Andrew Miller @ MIN (Baker), @ CHW (Buehrle)

Nate Robertson @ MIN (Garza), vs KC (Bannister)

Ervin Santana @ TB (Shields), @ MIN (Garza)

I'll take a 10 start week anytime...My team is in my sig and I'd most likely bench Farnsworth for the week when I activate Santana. Thoughts?

I know he hasn't had great success on the road, but Ervin is facing two relatively light hitting teams in TB and MIN next week. I'm out of contention this season but with the W's category being so tight in my league, I think I'm going to throw him in there as I have nothing to lose. My league runs Tuesday to Monday so my starters would be:

Scott Baker vs DET (Miller), @ TOR (Marcum)

Kelvim Escobar @ TB (Sonnanstine)

Gil Meche @ DET (Rogers)

Andrew Miller @ MIN (Baker), @ CHW (Buehrle)

Nate Robertson @ MIN (Garza), vs KC (Bannister)

Ervin Santana @ TB (Shields), @ MIN (Garza)

I'll take a 10 start week anytime...My team is in my sig and I'd most likely bench Farnsworth for the week when I activate Santana. Thoughts?

Have you seen E. Santana's road #s? They're downright awful.

He's the ONLY reason I'm considering a Shields start vs. ANA... or is it LAA?

Have you seen E. Santana's road #s? They're downright awful.

Yes, I have, hence the "he hasn't had great success on the road" part of my original post. However, he's not facing big hitting teams like the Tigers, Indians, Rangers (in TX), etc. so I'm going to start him. Two starts is two starts...

Archived