NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joel Przbilla 09/10

Ty Lawsome

Didn't see a thread for him, but my apologies if there already is one.

Anyway, with Oden out Przbilla should be the obvious benefactor. And considering I'm in an 18 team league and am starting Nazr Mohammed, as he is the only center on my roster....I picked up Przbilla as soon as I saw the news.

With that said, I'm curious what we can expect from him the rest of the way. Oden got injured early tonight, so Prz ended up playing 35 minutes, which is encouraging. He had 6 pts (2-2 fg, 2-2 ft), 12 rebs, 1 blk, and 5 fouls.

As the starting center last year (43 games) he averaged 6.1 pts, 9.6 rebs, 1.5 blks, 63% fg, 66% ft, in 26 minutes.

I would assume we'll see at least pretty similar production (which for me would be great, considering what I have been getting), but if he could get his minutes into the 30s, it's definitely possible he could average double-digit rebounds and over 2 blocks a game, but not much else. Even then, that could be worth a spot pickup in smaller leagues as well.

Double digit rebound average, 8ppg, 50% from the FT line, 55% from the field and about a block per game.

I missed out on Love but I'm glad I was able to snag Przybilla. His rebounds are just what my team needs.

i fully expect the Blazers to trade Andre Miller to find a quality Center.

Pryzbilla will have good value until then.

Yeah cause there are soooo many quality centers in the NBA B) and they will easily give them up for Andre Miller :)

i fully expect the Blazers to trade Andre Miller to find a quality Center.

Pryzbilla will have good value until then.

Can you tell me, what team needs a PG and give up their starting-center???

All good teams had a good PG and all bad teams had rookies or young guards.

They like przybilla, but i don't know why he has never been able to get over 25 minutes a game. Even before Oden was a Blazer and when Oden missed the entire 07-08 season and all his injuries last year. If they like using him, why not give him full starter minutes? it's not like they have anyone else at the Center spot.

They like przybilla, but i don't know why he has never been able to get over 25 minutes a game. Even before Oden was a Blazer and when Oden missed the entire 07-08 season and all his injuries last year. If they like using him, why not give him full starter minutes? it's not like they have anyone else at the Center spot.

Portland can play small ball at times and use Aldrige at the C spot, but most of the time they want Przy to start since he's a legit center. The only downfall for Przy is that he doesn't score, so if Portland is down then they'll have to play small ball to catch up.

Przy is a good fit for that system anyway since he doesn't need the ball to be effective. He knows his role and doesn't do too much to be unproductive. I think the fact that he's been with the organization for so long, and the fact that BRoy and Aldridge knows how to play around Przy's strength really helps his value.

that's because you play 4vs5 on Offense and he has the tendency to make dumb fouls on D

his dimension is playing 20/25 minutes from the bench

Portland can play small ball at times and use Aldrige at the C spot, but most of the time they want Przy to start since he's a legit center. The only downfall for Przy is that he doesn't score, so if Portland is down then they'll have to play small ball to catch up.

Przy is a good fit for that system anyway since he doesn't need the ball to be effective. He knows his role and doesn't do too much to be unproductive. I think the fact that he's been with the organization for so long, and the fact that BRoy and Aldridge knows how to play around Przy's strength really helps his value.

Right, but even as backup, he only got a few less minutes than what he has been getting as a starter. So will this be that much of a spike now that he is starting? In 2007-08 he started almost the whole season, but still saw under 25 minutes as a starter. Thats concerning. Aldridge is way too soft to handle most centers on defense, but i guess the same way they sacrifice offense when they have Przybilla out there, they sacrifice Defense when they have Aldridge playing center. But Przybilla's boards and blocks can be really good if he can get 35-40 min. If you look at past years, any time he has gotten 35+ minutes, his rebounding especially has been spectacular. I'm talking about League Leading type of numbers.

that's because you play 4vs5 on Offense and he has the tendency to make dumb fouls on D

his dimension is playing 20/25 minutes from the bench

It all depends on the surrounding cast. Sometimes if you already have a lot of offensive weapons on the floor, the best thing to have as a center, is one that doesnt demand the ball and just concentrates on Defense, Rebounding, Setting Picks and Blocking shots. But looking at the rockets, the only strong offensive weapons they have is Roy and Aldridge, everyone else is average offensively. So I can see why they can't keep him on the court that much, but then again, if Aldridge is main guy defending the post, the Blazers are in trouble.

He fills a need for me, albeit as my #4 center. While I'm in a deep 12 teamer daily points league, there are few options available on the WW. Glad the news broke late, as most every other owner was in bed at the time. He has played decently off the bench this year and should now see all the PT he can handle barring getting into foul trouble. If you have a droppable player I would take a chance.

and should now see all the PT he can handle barring getting into foul trouble.

See, i don't know about that. Like i said before, he's never played more than 25-26 minutes a game, even without Oden. So why will he now?

Przy is exactly like Dampier for Dallas. Portland needs him to be a defensive presence on the floor. Let's just say with no one fighting for the center spot, Przy should get anywhere from 25-30 mins and produce 6/10/1.5. Portland is even more short handed this year than the previous years, so it's likely his minutes will spike a little.

As a 3rd or 4th center I don't think people should be complaining.

Przy is exactly like Dampier for Dallas. Portland needs him to be a defensive presence on the floor. Let's just say with no one fighting for the center spot, Przy should get anywhere from 25-30 mins and produce 6/10/1.5. Portland is even more short handed this year than the previous years, so it's likely his minutes will spike a little.

Is dropping Hibbert at this point for Przy a good move? Thats using a #1 ww move too???

Hidden

I have Dampier right now. Would there be any reason for me to drop Dampier for Przybilla? My team is:

Rajon Rondo

Monta Ellis

Brandon Jennings

Brandon Roy

Danny Granger

Luol Deng

Hedo Turkoglu

Jeff Green

Kevin Love

LaMarcus Aldridge

Brook Lopez

Andris Biedrins

Erick Dampier

Some fundamental things that don't change with przy. He's been in the league for so long that you can't expect him to produce much upside:

1. He gets into foul trouble easily

2. Because of foul trouble <30 minutes per game is expectation

3. He's not a scorer so certainly 6-8 points per game is expectation

you pick him up for:

1. boards

2. blocks

There is always the chance he averages +10 boards and 2+ blocks as a starter which is where his value lies.

Archived