NBC Sports Edge Forums

Turnover on downs

gsw

I just think if interceptions and fumbles net you two points each, then it should be standard for a turnover on downs to do the same.

Maybe we can get espn and yahoo to make this standard next year!

Discuss.

I just think if interceptions and fumbles net you two points each, then it should be standard for a turnover on downs to do the same.

Maybe we can get espn and yahoo to make this standard next year!

Discuss.

Nah...Teams turn the ball over on downs when they can kick an easy field goal. Defenses should be penalized for drives into the red zone not caused by turnovers

I forgot how ridiculous some of these pining for any points possible in the playoff threads are here on rotoworld at this point of the year.

+1

Since its on topic, and I believed I may have mentioned it on these boards before, the only scoring change that I think should be made with defenses is this. I don't think if Jay Cutler were to throw a pick six, or if Knowshon Moreno were to fumble and it were picked up and ran back for the score, that those should count against the respective defenses. It just seems retarted to me that a person or unit can lose points when they're never on the field (and yes, I know the simple solution is IDP's but my leagues are slow to catch on to such things)

Archived