NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Need to pick 2 (PPR): Charles (vs. CIN), Rice (vs. PIT), Beanie (vs. STL)

BMcP

Ok guys! Looks like many of you may have a somewhat similar situation - trying to decide between Rice, Charles and Beanie for two RB slots in a 1-point ppr.

What do you all suggest? As of now, I have Rice and Charles in, but it's painful to leave Beanie on my bench in such a wonderful matchup.

• Root Admin

LT, just kidding.....I like Beanie but I'd prefer to go with the two guys who can be counted on to be the workhorse backs and catch a ton of balls. Beanie won't catch a lot of passes normally. If Beanie doesn't score then it will be difficult for him to score well too....I like his matchup, but I like Rice and Charles better. Too hot to sit....

LT, just kidding.....I like Beanie but I'd prefer to go with the two guys who can be counted on to be the workhorse backs and catch a ton of balls. Beanie won't catch a lot of passes normally. If Beanie doesn't score then it will be difficult for him to score well too....I like his matchup, but I like Rice and Charles better. Too hot to sit....

Man, I wish I had just taken your initial advice, Patrick!! LT to the rescue again!! Never get tired of saying that.

Same situation with SJax thrown into the mix too. Sooo tough, guess this is where you earn that purse you've been working for all year!

I'm not hung up on Charles v CIN much, I think he'll continue to be the man there. My fear is Ray v PIT. Sometimes matchups are a bigger factor and even though RR put up a solid game v PIT earlier, I'm quite nervous. I see a 75 rush/30 rec line with no scores (thanks McG). I think Beanie will get the rock a ton to run out the 2nd half and could end up around 110/20/2 TDs.

I guess I dont have anything solid for you. It'd take some serious balls to start Beanie Wells over Ray Rice, but I may just do it. One things certain, you wont get much support for the idea around here, though. Good luck man...

Are you going in thinking you need some huge games, or will average stat lines put you in good shape? If you dont need to take chances go w RR, if you think you may need to, roll w Beanie.

You know, as I think about it, Wells over Rice isn't nearly as crazy as it sounds. Wells seems like a virtual lock to rack up stats in garbage time against a pathetic run D.

Rice has topped 20 carries only once all season and has McG to contend with in scoring range. The receptions are awesome, but he's only been averaging 3-5 over the past month - and Beanie's probably good for 1-2.

Since Ive been overanalyzing this since Monday, I was thinking about that too. If Beanie is emerging as the feature back, would he then be less likely to see garbage time heading into the playoffs? We've been waiting for production all year and now that he may have earned the top bill, they'd be smart to keep him fresh

This is just a terrible conundrum. Cant trust Beanies situation really, there just isnt a broad enough body of work to take anything from. He seems to be quite the high-risk/high-reward player this week.

Would it kill me more to lose and see RR have a big game or Wells? I think I could swallow missing on Beanie a lot easier than sitting my RB1 in the title game.

Archived