NBC Sports Edge Forums

How long until your draft?

ssmarsh

I wish Yahoo would leave the baseball site up year round so we could just continue with the league year to year as far as rosters go....meaning make deals and what not.....have access to stats.....I understand its easy to just update it all once the season starts but having it open year round would make for better offseasons in keeper leagues.

About 8-10 weeks.

Our dynasty league will be re-started not long after Yahoo opens registration for 2010, and once we get the owners confirmed, we'll do the waiver draft, and I'll be begin the quest for a Three-peat at that point.

As far as the money league that I'm in goes.....I have no idea.

In my Dynasty league our auction started 2nite. It's done on a message board and we have to wait 5 days for a bid to finalize, so it'll drag out over a month. Still, feels good to be back!

I wish Yahoo would leave the baseball site up year round so we could just continue with the league year to year as far as rosters go....meaning make deals and what not.....have access to stats.....I understand its easy to just update it all once the season starts but having it open year round would make for better offseasons in keeper leagues.

Just switch to CBSSportsline. It costs money but website is accessible year round.

I got a slow draft that is about to start up within about a week.... It's a 20 team keeper league. Draft last year took a month. You get 24 hours to make your pick (otherwise you go "pending" and people are allowed to pick over you). The GM texts everyone when they are on the clock. We also trade draft picks too the whole time, it's so much fun.

My draft is always the Saturday before Opening Day...I've got a while to go...

I hear ya. Mine is the Saturday AFTER opening day with keepers due the Monday before the draft. Still, it's the best day of the season and well worth the wait.

I find it interesting that leagues draft so far before final MLB rosters are set. What happens if a guy is selected and he starts the season in the minors or gets dealt to the other league (assuming you plan in AL or NL only)?

Im enjoying the time off from Fantasy Football until February when I start getting into baseball. My keeper league has its cut downs in a week or two and trading begins in 2 weeks so I may not have as much fantasy time off as I hoped.

My 18 team keeper league has its draft the weekend before the start of the season.

My 20 Roto non keeper has its draft the Sunday night of the first game of the season so we have everything set by the time the games the next day start.

Its funny watching that first game and then seeing someone have a great game and he gets drafted 3 rounds too early because of one games stats.

Archived