NBC Sports Edge Forums

Playoff Fantasy Draft Discussion

Br0kenB

How many of you are in them? Mine are done roto style, PPR scoring, and I had my draft last night. I decided to use an interesting strategy I thought up. Take a look...

QB - Tom Brady

TE - Jermichael Finley

K- David Akers

DEF - Saints

WR - Derrick Mason

WR - Braylon Edwards

WR - Chad Ochocinco

WR - Darius Reynaud

WR - Brad Smith

WR - Robert Meachem

WR - Legedu Naanee

WR - Anquan Boldin

WR - Reggie Wayne

WR - Sam Aiken

RB - None

I decided not to go with any running backs at all. I figure that all the WRs can make up any points a garbage RB like Kevin Faulk or Mike Bell could score, so I just went with the most playable WRs I could find up until it was time to take a kicker and a defense. You could only have 1 player from the top four positions I listed and an unlimited number of RBs and WRs. I think it is interesting and could definitely pay off if a few of the receivers blow up and/or the Patriots make the Super Bowl.

That strategy could work out great if a few of your first round players from the Pats and/or Jets can make a run. The Boldin pick looks a little dicey though with his health up in the air. After getting burnt the past two years by drafting Colts and avoiding Chargers players, I will definitely be doing the exact opposite this year. In fact if I drew the #1 pick, I think I'd probably be tempted to go with Philip Rivers there.

Gotta love the roto playoff leagues! Our draft will be this Thursday night, although we do things a little differently. In the past we had always had six owners from my main local shell out $60, and everyone drafts 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 2 K and 2 DEF. However in an attempt to include more people and add more money to the pot, we actually expanded from 6 to 12 owners with two separate drafts going on simulatneously. Once both drafts finish (usually only takes 45 min or so) we'll just combine all 12 teams and the top 3 finish in the money (First place - $460, second place - $200, third place - $60). I'm not really a huge fan of the fact that some people will have similiar teams, but the doubling the pot concept sure is appealing!

Rivers went first, Manning went second, and Rodgers (I was locked in to Rodgers and I was so angry when he went right before me), so I just took Tom.

Rivers went first, Manning went second, and Rodgers (I was locked in to Rodgers and I was so angry when he went right before me), so I just took Tom.

You really can't go wrong with any of the NFC quarterbacks this year. One game out of any of those guys could equal two or three from Flacco, Palmer, and Sanchez. I like three of the four road teams to win this weekend, although I think I'll gamble with Eagles and Packers more than I would any of the AFC squads playing this week.

I almost never do well in these pools. Need to stop putting all of my eggs in one or two baskets. Last year I loaded up on Colts and Panthers. That went real well! B)

Brady should do good for you. he is a top QB in the league as well.

So I had my draft earlier this evening. My team stinks! I wanted to at least hang out til halftime of the Championship game, but I left early because I was too depressed to drink!

QB Brett Favre

QB Donovan McNabb

RB Brian Westbrook

WR Randy Moss

WR DeSean Jackson

WR Sidney Rice

WR Greg Jennings

TE Jeromy Shockey

TE Ben Watson

K Ryan Longwell

K Shayne Graham

DEF Indianapolis

DEF Philadelphia

I had the fifth pick (6 teams) and the first four guys went Peyton/Rivers/Brees/Rogers in succession. I was torn between Favre and Brady, but I got cute and went with Favre thinking McNabb would be the token homer pick and I'd get Brady on the way back. Well that didnt work out at all. Four Eagles later (D-jax in the fourth was a steal) and yet again my eggs are clearly in two baskets. Although I went with BB's wideouts early approach and it kinda worked out well. Guys went real RB heavy in the earlier rounds.

Go Eagles and Vikes I guess! B)

So I had my draft earlier this evening. My team stinks! I wanted to at least hang out til halftime of the Championship game, but I left early because I was too depressed to drink!

QB Brett Favre

QB Donovan McNabb

RB Brian Westbrook

WR Randy Moss

WR DeSean Jackson

WR Sidney Rice

WR Greg Jennings

TE Jeromy Shockey

TE Ben Watson

K Ryan Longwell

K Shayne Graham

DEF Indianapolis

DEF Philadelphia

I had the fifth pick (6 teams) and the first four guys went Peyton/Rivers/Brees/Rogers in succession. I was torn between Favre and Brady, but I got cute and went with Favre thinking McNabb would be the token homer pick and I'd get Brady on the way back. Well that didnt work out at all. Four Eagles later (D-jax in the fourth was a steal) and yet again my eggs are clearly in two baskets. Although I went with BB's wideouts early approach and it kinda worked out well. Guys went real RB heavy in the earlier rounds.

Go Eagles and Vikes I guess! B)

Your team don't look that bad, who knows. you might win this weekend. anything could happen. Think Positive and leave the negative stuff behind :)

That team actually looks good... better than mine. But you know what? It all depends on the QB anyway, it's truly a gamble. Whoevers QB makes the championship game is in best position to win and that's the bottom line, it is soooo tough.

Archived