NBC Sports Edge Forums

In Roto Yahoo Leagues...

gsw

By going through your lineup, day by day, checking the box scores and adding it up on a spreadsheet? Jesus.

It would be a little easier than that. If you go to each player's page it has their average makes/attempts. Take Drew Gooden for example (since he was the last guy added in our league and it was easy) 3.3 makes/game over 37 games is 122 makes. 7.2 attempts over 37 games is 266 attempts. It would probably take about 20 minutes to do a whole team. I wouldn't bother with it unless it was the last day of the season though.

It would be a little easier than that. If you go to each player's page it has their average makes/attempts. Take Drew Gooden for example (since he was the last guy added in our league and it was easy) 3.3 makes/game over 37 games is 122 makes. 7.2 attempts over 37 games is 266 attempts. It would probably take about 20 minutes to do a whole team. I wouldn't bother with it unless it was the last day of the season though.

But if that player wasn't in your lineup for just one of those games, your numbers would be off.

Don't have any active roto leagues to check this on but I thought that typing /teamlog at the end of the URL on your team page was the way to find out.

Edit: Just looked up it on one of my H2H teams. Doesn't look like Yahoo updates it anymore.

Don't have any active roto leagues to check this on but I thought that typing /teamlog at the end of the URL on your team page was the way to find out.

YES!!! Those were the golden words thanks!!!!

EDIT: They still show percentages.... Did they change it?!?!

But if that player wasn't in your lineup for just one of those games, your numbers would be off.

Good point. Totally spaced on that. There probably aren't many teams that have had the same lineup all year. I know ESPN has an active stats page which allowed you to just see games a player was in your lineup, but I don't know any such way in yahoo.

I have one solution. There are firefox greasemonkey scripts that provide live stats for Yahoo! leagues. Obviously that's not necessary now that Yahoo! is doing it for free, but what those scripts do are bring up a popup window which shows your team's individual stats for the day, plus totals which include makes and attempts. It would be somewhat painstaking but you could go through your lineup, day by day, and show your stats, enter them into a spreadsheet, and voila.

Whatever, I don't care that much... Yahoo please do it for me!

I'm just wondering what specifically you're driving at here? We're about midway through the season, given that these can change from night to night does it really matter yet? I know I went through and calculated one ESPN league I was in that was actually decided by a final night change in FG%, but past that the 3 digit decimal approximation should do for now.

Archived