NBC Sports Edge Forums

Steven Jackson

Br0kenB

what are you going to chalk his past injuries to? he's played all 16 games only 1 time his entire 5 year career... there's no doubt that sjax is highly productive when he actually plays, but spinning his health issues into something acceptable is irrational at best...

his only health issue is that he plays real hard style like jacobs. im just sayin last year i think was due more to his holdout. thats irrational? alot of holdout players get hurt lol. there are ppl here afraid to draft him. rb's are more succeptable to injury than anyone. ppl are all over matt forte cuz they think he's safer? how can one running back be safer than another? whats to say they wont break a bone at any point. is it smart to take a less injury prone player? obviously. but its stupid that people are like oh my goodness im so scared to take jackson. this guy is a rock and people think he's paper thin. no one seems scared of jones-drew yet he's always nicked up when he gets 20 carries in a game..now he might do that every game. peterson has been hurt every year except last year. forte's ypc was 3.9 last year and his hammy was already hurtin in pre season. its just stupid for some1 to expect a running back to have perfect health. jackson is more than a monster,beast, stud whatever you want to call him.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
his only health issue is that he plays real hard style like jacobs. im just sayin last year i think was due more to his holdout. thats irrational? alot of holdout players get hurt lol. there are ppl here afraid to draft him. rb's are more succeptable to injury than anyone. ppl are all over matt forte cuz they think he's safer? how can one running back be safer than another? whats to say they wont break a bone at any point. is it smart to take a less injury prone player? obviously. but its stupid that people are like oh my goodness im so scared to take jackson. this guy is a rock and people think he's paper thin. no one seems scared of jones-drew yet he's always nicked up when he gets 20 carries in a game..now he might do that every game. peterson has been hurt every year except last year. forte's ypc was 3.9 last year and his hammy was already hurtin in pre season. its just stupid for some1 to expect a running back to have perfect health. jackson is more than a monster,beast, stud whatever you want to call him.

using the same logic, i guess we should bump warner into the top QB tier with brees, brady and manning... or how about we include schaub in the top tier discussion, because his per game averages are on par with the elite...

Peterson has only been in the league for 2 years, so to say he's been hurt every year except last year is somewhat misleading And his rookie year he only missed 2 games; Jax missed 4 last year and was in and out of 1 other, so really 5. MJD has played every game but one in his 3 year career, so to suggest that he is always nicked up really doesn't make sense. Everyone gets nicked up, so I understand what your saying, but you want guys who PLAY when they get nicked. MJD has a track record of playing. Jax does not. He missed all or most of 5 games the last 2 years. That's 1/2 the fantasy regular season. Like I said before, the Rams suck. When Jax gets nicked up, he will sit. You don't rush back your stars when your team is 1-5. Further, Jax has no handcuff. If Pete goes down, you stick in Chester and you hardly miss a beat(in PPR you can actually argue that Chester will be better than Pete if Pete got hurt). With Jax, you can't stick in his handcuff.

I think points per game are a lot more important then total points over a season. You can play you back ups in the weeks guys miss and be just fine. Add an average #3 RB's production to Jackson's for the 4 games he missed and he's still pretty damn close to the elite level if not there.

I think the 70 million $ they spent on Brown and Smith will upgrade the O line. I'm sitting at 8 and I know that the guys in my draft tomorrow that are sitting at 5-7 dont really like him. I think I might take a chance on him.

dude he falls to you at 8....that will be absolute sugar.......no chance taken on that late of a pick spent on a possible top three back

Here's the BIG problem with Sjax: Injury prone on a crappy team. Why is that important? When he gets dinged up and the team is 1-7, then he's gonna sit. You don't risk further injury with your only star when your team sucks; the organization will shut you down. By week 8, every RB has dings; Jax carries a heavy load and is more injury prone than most, so the odds of him not being dinged up half way through the season are not good. You don't rush him back when your 1-7 and he also has no reliable handcuff. This is why Jax is a gamble and, even though I completely disagree with the 3-4 round assessment, I can understand passing on him at the turn or letting someone else take the risk. If you draft him, just be aware that odds are not good that he plays 16 games and that his handcuff is not gonna put up similar numbers. So, you gotta have enough RBs to hedge that if you take Jax.

When they were 2-11 last season, SJax got

24 carries in Week 14 (2-12)

32 carries in Week 15 (2-13)

30 carries in Week 16 (2-14)

The organization sitting him is not a factor here.

The reality is that SJax will give you great stats while he is in there, but you need to prepare your team to accommodate 3-4 games missed... not really that big a deal if you draft right. You should be doing that with every starting roster spot anyway.

New coach in St Louis! He will want to win and show a turnaround to establish credibility. The NFL is a show me now league and although the future health of SJ is a consideration, his performance on a weekly basis will be the priority. SJ runs hard and like any back risks injury without help from the Oline and performing QB/receivers.

I believe SJ is a bit under the radar and will suprize this year. My format is .5 ppr for rb's, 1 pt wr/te. I got SJ at #6 in a 12 teamer and it was him or a top wr. I have a good feeling about SJ this year as well as R Rice to exceed expectations. SJ to compete for the #1 spot while Rice could be 10-15 in my format. Only my opinion, but, we'll soon see!

• 2 weeks later...

man, the situation does not look good for SJAX.

The yards might be there but I just don't see him scoring more than 5-6 TDs...IF he's lucky.

The O-line is in shambles...what ever happened to the upgrade?

Bulger...STINKS.

One of the top talents in the league...stuck on one of the worst teams in the league B)

I wasn't expecting 100 yards rushing against the Redskins. He's still a must start right? Or no? I'm not sure what to think. I started him week 1, then started McFadden against the chiefs instead of him in week 2.

he is a must start no question he is their offense....

I wasn't expecting 100 yards rushing against the Redskins. He's still a must start right? Or no? I'm not sure what to think. I started him week 1, then started McFadden against the chiefs instead of him in week 2.

I think the yards will be there in the end but what about TDs? I don't see many...not with that Rams' offense.

He has to prove that he can stay healthy as well...

We'll see...I think they'll stack the box.

Couldn't really stack the box with Palmer throwing to Ocho, Coles, Henry...that gave Benson some running room.

The Packers have a solid secondary and Bulger stinks.

I was thinking of acquiring SJax in a trade & was willing to live w/ limited opportunities for TDs, but what surprised me when I looked at his #'s after 2 games is his apparent lack of involvement in the passing game. This is a .5 PPR league, so if he caught passes, it'd help offset less than double digit TDs. Since he isn't getting the looks like in years past, he just isn't as valuable to me...

I was thinking of acquiring SJax in a trade & was willing to live w/ limited opportunities for TDs, but what surprised me when I looked at his #'s after 2 games is his apparent lack of involvement in the passing game. This is a .5 PPR league, so if he caught passes, it'd help offset less than double digit TDs. Since he isn't getting the looks like in years past, he just isn't as valuable to me...

just cause people love to point out the ridiculous one way i'll point it out another...if you take away his first game he is avg. 4 catches a game....the point is he'll pick it up in the passing game and if you feel you can get him cheap then i would do it it is not a move you will regret....like ashley pointed out jackson is a stud and is their offense and in fantasy thats the types of players you want....ones that get the ball....

Drafted S-Jax 2Years ago and year after year Rotoworld tells us he'll be the best well...he has the talent...he is the main threat on this team - however, he has nothing around him. This makes him a BIG QUESTION mark week in and week out.

I will never draft S-Jax until Bulger leaves and a high profile WR is in the mix.

I feel bad for players in the NFL like Steven Jackson. Supreme monster talents that get stuck on horrendous teams for their entire careers. He went to my high school and had like 400 yards one game, I think he hurt like 3 people breaking tackles throughout the game as well.

I feel bad for players in the NFL like Steven Jackson. Supreme monster talents that get stuck on horrendous teams for their entire careers. He went to my high school and had like 400 yards one game, I think he hurt like 3 people breaking tackles throughout the game as well.

it really is a shame. No doubt in my mind he would push AP year in and year for the rushing title if he was on a solid squad.

Immense talent, top 3 for sure.

it really is a shame. No doubt in my mind he would push AP year in and year for the rushing title if he was on a solid squad.

Immense talent, top 3 for sure.

I mean, this guy is a lock for 2000 yards from scrimmage and 12 tds every season if he was on a respectable team.

Archived