NBC Sports Edge Forums

Steven Jackson

Br0kenB

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean, this guy is a lock for 2000 yards from scrimmage and 12 tds every season if he was on a respectable team.

I really wish for fantasy football's sake that Bill Parcells had drafted Sjax instead of MBIII years ago...Sjax could have had a hall of fame career for Jerry Jones

Who will the rams sign at WR if anyone?

Also re: state of the rams offensive line, I read that they made upgrades in the offseason, then I read that there were key injuries to the Center and Right Tackle, both named Jason. Here's a quote from football outsiders from before the Packers game. Doesn't seem like the injuries are too bad, but I'm pretty unenthusiastic about the offense losing Robinson. He seemed to be their best shot going forward. If they can stretch the field even a little bit, Jackson will have more room to roam and maybe even get a TD!

Jason Smith, Jason Brown

First round pick Jason Smith left Sunday's game with a sprained knee, while center Jason Brown also sprained his knee. Both are linemen, share a name and suffer from the same injury, but that's about it. The Rams are keeping the nature of the injuries under tight wrap, but both are thought to be MCL injuries -- who'd have guessed that this season? Smith's is more severe, making him likely to miss a game, maybe two, but he won't need surgery. This indicates a Grade II sprain. Brown's is less severe and he's more likely to play. The demands of the two positions are different; with the center needs less lateral motion, but is at higher risk of a collateral ligament sprain, since those occur when hit from the side. Centers in the middle, so almost everything happens to their sides. At left tackle, Jason Smith needs more quickness, more lateral motion, and more quick lateral motion. Like the center, the tackle also needs to push, but he's going to be more taxed with footwork than a center would be. It's amazing how similar injuries to similar players end up with very different scenarios once you understand the game of football and how it's played.

His situation seems to be getting worse and worse...

No #1 WR, losing a few key linemen to injuries and the shuffle at QB...gross

Besides the $44 million he's making, I kind of feel bad for him. Barring a trade to another team, which I highly doubt will ever happen, he's stuck in St. Louis until 2014. He'll be 31 when his contract ends...

• 3 weeks later...

Jackson is a prime time back and i feel for the guy and he deserves to be on a prime time team before the end of his career. Even with the Rams,and the teams he has played (Seattle,Washington, Green Bay, San Fran, Minnesota, and Jacksonville) he is 4th in the NFL in rushing in 4th in all purpose yards by a runningback. His fantasy value is a little down because he has not hit pay dirt, and if your an outside owner without him on your team, you probably dont realize these things.

S-Jax owners are a little frustrated because he has not scored, and on top of that the guy is hard to trade because the lack of scoring makes his numbers look bad compared to the outburst of NFL scoring this year.

I had to dig back a little to find this thread, the last reply to it was September 30th.

Jackson is a very underappreciated system with a team that is trying to build around him, the problem is they arent doing a very good job.

Jackson is a prime time back and i feel for the guy and he deserves to be on a prime time team before the end of his career. Even with the Rams,and the teams he has played (Seattle,Washington, Green Bay, San Fran, Minnesota, and Jacksonville) he is 4th in the NFL in rushing in 4th in all purpose yards by a runningback. His fantasy value is a little down because he has not hit pay dirt, and if your an outside owner without him on your team, you probably dont realize these things.

S-Jax owners are a little frustrated because he has not scored, and on top of that the guy is hard to trade because the lack of scoring makes his numbers look bad compared to the outburst of NFL scoring this year.

I had to dig back a little to find this thread, the last reply to it was September 30th.

Jackson is a very underappreciated system with a team that is trying to build around him, the problem is they arent doing a very good job.

Well, at least he is still healthy! I was really surprised when he did not score vs Jacksonville this Sunday. The offense did get 13 points, which is good (there was a defensive TD, too). And that was with Avery out for the second part of the game with a hip bruise.

maybe its just me and the fact that i have a soft spot for this guy, but i was happy with his performance yesterday. He has 3 100 yard games and i think third in nfl for rushing. I know he doesnt have any touchdowns but hopefully those will come. Im just hoping next year the rams rebuild and get this guy some support.

What do you guys think he will end the year with?

Steven Jackson is the Best running back in the NFL. On any other team he would be in the Middle of an MVP season. Steven Jackson is on pace for 1400 yard rushing 300+ yards receiving and like 50 receptions. Now lets assume he scores 8 total touchdowns which is just faith in his talent alone. Would you be upset with a guy who went from 5 to 11 in an average 12 team league draft? Heck you could have drafted Matt Forte who is worthless!!! Yeah it would be nice to see better touchdown numbers but I think he could get to eight. I say buy low now! He will not overwhelm you with touchdown but in a ppr he could be a steal.

I traded for him last week. Trade F. Jackson and Eddie Royal for him. Im happy with his performance this week, would like to see him get some TDs.

Damn, that owner must have been high/drunk when he accepted that trade...

Damn, that owner must have been high/drunk when he accepted that trade...

Hmm, if I were high/drunk while receiving that trade I would have just laughed my a** off at how ridiculous it was.

any one else feeling a possible 200 total yard game with 3 TD's this weekend? they get close to the goal line this kid is going to get fed, his coach knows he is playing his heart out for a loser...he'll make sure he gets his anytime he can....heres to a huge game....

Im desperately trying to package kevin smith and hines ward for him because the kid who has him is 2-5. I think he will go bonkers this weekend but even if he doesnt who doesnt want a guy who they are sure will break 100 yards from scrimmage, rather than a guy who they are pretty sure will break 50 but theyre praying to god he gets a td.

Btw if you are in a league where someone accepts a trade of royal and Fjax for Sjax your league is terrible. And its not just that kid that is a moron, but your entire league sucks donkey marbles because they didnt veto it for the insane lopsided unfairness that it represents. my god have mercy on your soul and you better win this stupid league. Im sure you can package Jamarcus Russel and Zach Miller for peyton at some point.

I tried like I've never tried before to acquire SJax a couple weeks ago. Of course, I couldn't get a deal done (I offered Grant/Moreno/Mason for his SJax/Berrian & left it open to tweak the deal; got turned down w/ no counter proposal), and this week I face the SJax owner (who is 1-6)... I agree that SJax is gonna go off BIG @ Detroit. Ugh...I feel about 40 pts being scored against me.

I tried like I've never tried before to acquire SJax a couple weeks ago. Of course, I couldn't get a deal done (I offered Grant/Moreno/Mason for his SJax/Berrian & left it open to tweak the deal; got turned down w/ no counter proposal), and this week I face the SJax owner (who is 1-6)... I agree that SJax is gonna go off BIG @ Detroit. Ugh...I feel about 40 pts being scored against me.

have him and kevin smith going this week, hopin both teams run it down each others throat

any one else feeling a possible 200 total yard game with 3 TD's this weekend? they get close to the goal line this kid is going to get fed, his coach knows he is playing his heart out for a loser...he'll make sure he gets his anytime he can....heres to a huge game....

Yeah I'm hoping for a big game. Can't keep him out of the endzone all year.

I have SJax, Kevin Smith, and Thomas Jones going this week.

Im hoping my mediocre backs can have a great week together because i have Brady and Moss on the bye week.

Other than that, I could be in bad shape with Brett Favre and Sims-Walker in the starting lineup this week.

Hmm, if I were high/drunk while receiving that trade I would have just laughed my a** off at how ridiculous it was.

Speaking of high/drunk, I just picked up Sjax and the Jets D for Ahmad Bradshaw. I laughed my a** off when he accepted the trade.

Archived