NBC Sports Edge Forums

Steven Jackson

Br0kenB

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good to see a TD out of him today...real nice game though i think he could have done some more recieving work....they have been real inconsistant with his receptions this year...also i was 1 yard away from bonus land....could have used that as well...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Hmmm......Make sure you're covered because it's getting interesting....

Rams signed RB Chris Ogbonnaya off their practice squad.

This is bad news for Steven Jackson's owners. Jackson missed the entire week of practice with a back injury and is considered a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the Seahawks. If Jackson sits, Ogbonnaya would be insurance behind Ken Darby.

Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter

In a way, I think I'd prefer to see him sit out a week and rest the ailing back rather than to play and aggrevate the injury even further to where it becomes a multiple week concern. and to think S-Jax almost made me eat my words when it came to mocking his durability!

In a way, I think I'd prefer to see him sit out a week and rest the ailing back rather than to play and aggrevate the injury even further to where it becomes a multiple week concern. and to think S-Jax almost made me eat my words when it came to mocking his durability!

Yeah, I agree.

if he's 100% play him. if hes even like 85 or less tho i agree i hope he rests. the team is going nowhere. why not just wait a week. plus i guess if he's out ill balance the points i lose on him by pickin up the seahawks D vs the pro-boller and kenneth darby led rams

Senseable and right from a team point of view. I, however, have to win this week or likely miss the playoffs. I have no other backup available other than J Lewis (like I said no other backup). There is no one on the wire other than SJ's backup (whoever that is) and I will be on a 8 hour travel tomorrow and not available to select SJ's replacement. Selfish, yes, but I need him to play.

I hope he sits today. I should be ok, and I need him healthy for a great playoff run!

Absolutely, this is exactly what his owners should have been waiting for and wanting. Rest those legs and then come out exploding in the playoffs. That's what SJax does, and it's the pattern that has led to 4 straight SJax teams winning the Super Bowl in our league.

Absolutely, this is exactly what his owners should have been waiting for and wanting. Rest those legs and then come out exploding in the playoffs. That's what SJax does, and it's the pattern that has led to 4 straight SJax teams winning the Super Bowl in our league.

Unfortunately, some of us need him now to make the playoffs....but I feel ya'. Part of me wants him to sit too, so I can then feel decent about starting one of the AZ RBs instead of worrying about SJax's workload should he play today

I was hoping Jackson would sit one more week. I have him and I want him healthy for my playoff run. I have Benson who is out and I have Forsett which might be the best and safest start.

I also know being a Giants fan Spags would not play S Jax if he wasn't 95% or more so I guess that is some good news.

sure its somewhat off topic but being that Mr.Jackson is a Oregon State Beaver alum...just figured id throw it out there that this thursday Oregon State is @ Oregon and the winner goes to the rose bowl plain and simple!!!

GO BEAVERS!

sure its somewhat off topic but being that Mr.Jackson is a Oregon State Beaver alum...just figured id throw it out there that this thursday Oregon State is @ Oregon and the winner goes to the rose bowl plain and simple!!!

GO BEAVERS!

....and the Ducks cost the Beavers a Rose Bowl last year, so definitely going to be an intense game.

Per ROTOWORLD:

Dec. 4 - 2:55 pm et

Steven Jackson (questionable, back) missed his sixth straight day of Rams practice Friday.

The missed practices date back to Week 12. Coach Steve Spagnuolo said S-Jax's back "just hasn't calmed down to where we want it, and we certainly don't want to reaggravate it." Jackson will be a game-time decision for the second straight week. He was able to play through the back spasms and pile up 116 yards with a touchdown last week, but we won't know his status for sure until Sunday at around 12PM ET. The Rams are visiting Chicago.

Anyone think that Samkon Gado is a good pickup? i have a memory of this guy helping my season a few years back (also late season) with the Packers...i dont know much about the St Louis RB depth charts, but it looks like he is THE guy, so would get starting role in this game...any thoughts, fellow Jackson owners?

Per ROTOWORLD:

Dec. 4 - 2:55 pm et

Steven Jackson (questionable, back) missed his sixth straight day of Rams practice Friday.

The missed practices date back to Week 12. Coach Steve Spagnuolo said S-Jax's back "just hasn't calmed down to where we want it, and we certainly don't want to reaggravate it." Jackson will be a game-time decision for the second straight week. He was able to play through the back spasms and pile up 116 yards with a touchdown last week, but we won't know his status for sure until Sunday at around 12PM ET. The Rams are visiting Chicago.

Anyone think that Samkon Gado is a good pickup? i have a memory of this guy helping my season a few years back (also late season) with the Packers...i dont know much about the St Louis RB depth charts, but it looks like he is THE guy, so would get starting role in this game...any thoughts, fellow Jackson owners?

I think SJax will probably play, but you're prob better off picking up someone like Chris Brown since Steve Slaton is most likely gonna be out if you want to pick somebody up.

Archived