NBC Sports Edge Forums

Steven Jackson

Br0kenB

I think SJax will probably play, but you're prob better off picking up someone like Chris Brown since Steve Slaton is most likely gonna be out if you want to pick somebody up.

My team is a mess...my starting backs are S Jackson / Steve Slaton and Kevin Smith

so i picked up Brown already as insurance, but i am thinking i might need a little more insurance if i sneak in the playoffs as a 6 seed.

i am just putting the thought out there....a verified starting back (i.e. no committee) is valuable, and that is what Gado would be if Jackson was a no-go.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have this funny feeling he sits this week, or plays and is somewhat ineffective. Temps are supposed to be in the low 40s/high 30s in Chicago this weekend. I can't imagine that being any good for a bad back.

i am just putting the thought out there....a verified starting back (i.e. no committee) is valuable, and that is what Gado would be if Jackson was a no-go.

I don't think Gado is "a verified starting back (i.e. no committee)" at all. First off, Jackson has a good chance of playing. And even if Jackson doesn't play, it's only speculation that Gado will get the nod above Darby. Those two backs have been in very close competiton for the #2 job all season. Darby got 4 touches in Week 12 and Gado only got 2. Maybe Gado would play on first and second downs and Darby would be the third down back. Maybe they'd split the carries 50/50. Maybe Darby would get most of the carries. Gado seems to be the favorite to get more carries but none of us really know.

I hate the idea of benching SJax, but I'm in a must win situation this week. I am leaning heavily towards starting Moreno (@ KC) instead. I always make the wrong choice in these scenarios, so it's making me wishy-washy.

check the inactives at 12. if sjax plays, u play him. simple as that. he's run over MUCH better D's than the Bears. maybe its a risk his back flares up in the cold, but moreno's upside is barely 100 yards and a td. sjax's is 150 and 2tds. if ur in a must win, u go for the monster. i have moreno and sjax in the same league. i am playing both, but if i had the choice id take sjax 11 times out of 10

I hate the idea of benching SJax, but I'm in a must win situation this week. I am leaning heavily towards starting Moreno (@ KC) instead. I always make the wrong choice in these scenarios, so it's making me wishy-washy.

RedSox Nation is right (then again, aren't they always right? hahaa!)! I, too, am in a must win and if Jackson's a go then he is in my lineup. Its muscular and if he starts it likely loosens up during the game but could hinder him the following week. It is possible that during halftime if not worked on it could tighten or spasm but I'm sure the medical personnel know what to do. RIDE THE BULL TIL THE BULL STOPS RUNNING!

Hidden

The news sounds 50/50, but the line is only 3 1/2 ... I'd think the Vikings would be favored by more if Warner were expected to be out. I'd lean towards him playing.

Hidden
The news sounds 50/50, but the line is only 3 1/2 ... I'd think the Vikings would be favored by more if Warner were expected to be out. I'd lean towards him playing.

I'm confused. What do Warner and the Vikings have anything at all to do with whether Steven Jackson plays today? B)

Doesn't him playing in the late afternoon game worry you guys? I have two other backs I can play over Jackson in the early games, but if I roll the dice and he is a late no go I'm finished.]

Nope. He doesnt practice! He hasnt practiced a single day this week or last week. The Rams probably call SJax before the game to make sure he'll meet them there B)

does any body realize that sjax , as a pure football player, is having one of the best seasons in rb history? you keep reading every where, and its true, that EVERY SINGLE WEEK he has 8-9 men stacked in the box. He has an average o-line with an awful offense around him. Can you imagine this guy in minnesota? honestly sjax NEEDS to be in the discussion of best rb's in football. he has over 1200 rushing yards already!! how do u do that with 8-9 guys in the box?? he's the ONLY game in town, the ONLY actual force on that team, everyteam tries to stop him, and he just runs everyone over. he's a fantastic person (go to sj39.com and watch his videos) and he's a hellll of a teammate (steve spags always commends him.) This is just a rant as to why steven jackson is my favorite player in any sport. If he wasnt on the Rams and instead a playoff contender, im pretty sure im not the only one that thinks he would be a leading mvp candidate

does any body realize that sjax , as a pure football player, is having one of the best seasons in rb history? you keep reading every where, and its true, that EVERY SINGLE WEEK he has 8-9 men stacked in the box. He has an average o-line with an awful offense around him. Can you imagine this guy in minnesota? honestly sjax NEEDS to be in the discussion of best rb's in football. he has over 1200 rushing yards already!! how do u do that with 8-9 guys in the box?? he's the ONLY game in town, the ONLY actual force on that team, everyteam tries to stop him, and he just runs everyone over. he's a fantastic person (go to sj39.com and watch his videos) and he's a hellll of a teammate (steve spags always commends him.) This is just a rant as to why steven jackson is my favorite player in any sport. If he wasnt on the Rams and instead a playoff contender, im pretty sure im not the only one that thinks he would be a leading mvp candidate

I and many others agree with you, but he's not going to get any mainstream respect until the Rams have a serious team or he gets traded to the Pats or Texans or something.

I and many others agree with you, but he's not going to get any mainstream respect until the Rams have a serious team or he gets traded to the Pats or Texans or something.

it's honestly smart for the rams to trade him. he's going to have around 390 touches by the end of the year and the rams wont be competitve for a few years. by the time they are, he'll be right around 30. they might as well trade him after this amazing season, while he's still hoevering around 26-27 and commands great value in a trade. the patriots, texans would be ideal fits. i heard rumors of the packers interested in him at the trade deadline but since grant has done better. in my opinion the dolphins should try to get him. they are a power running team. their two running backs next year will be ricky (33 years old) and ronnie brown (coming off 2 major,season ending injuries in a 3 year span)

guy has been playing like a man possessed all season for the lowely rams, playing thru injury...finally has a tough game against a stout d and rotoworld wants to punk him out for next week against the texans? gimme a break....dudes been a fantasy monster a throws up 1 dud and all the sudden is wearing down and isn't a good bet for next week? please!

guy has been playing like a man possessed all season for the lowely rams, playing thru injury...finally has a tough game against a stout d and rotoworld wants to punk him out for next week against the texans? gimme a break....dudes been a fantasy monster a throws up 1 dud and all the sudden is wearing down and isn't a good bet for next week? please!

I think you just need to look at your other options next week and don't make SJax an automatic start. For example, I also have Jamaal Charles and right now I'd start Charles at Cleveland ahead of SJax next week.

Archived